1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education The weight loss thread

Discussion in 'General' started by mansueto, 25 Feb 2013.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Was apparently 14st 5lbs this morning which is probably a new PB, entered a PL competition late Nov in the 93kg class, so got 1-2kg more to play with.
    Been kind of fun trying to put on weight, sadly my lifts haven't improved as much as I would have liked so I'll most likely drop some weight after the comp.

Anyone else into lifting for strength more than general health?

2. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

ive moved from cardio to lifting more, only reason is after losing 10 i have been very lucky that i dont have any loose skin/flab dangling about. but i am sure i will end up with a fair bit if i was to lose 3 more stones and hit my target of 14stones. since i hurt my arm few months ago i cant seem to bench more than 50kg and my press is much worse, arm is fully healed up but very annoyed i cant add more weight to the bar.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2019
  3. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Well-Known Member

Reached a 10-year low of 197lbs. Lost a bit due to a gluten-free (not be choice) diet.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I'm continually annoyed I can't add more weight to the bar :D But slowly but surely it happens haha.

Congratulations :)

5. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Well-Known Member

Thanks! Still some work to do but feels good.

6. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

heh, thanks for the corrections.

meandmymouth: that's awesome 197lbs/14stone is my target, how much were you before?

7. WarrenJ

WarrenJ Well-Known Member

In week 3 of a Keto diet so far and find it much easier to stay on than other "fad" diets going around the net.

Have to say it's working to be honest, alongside a healthy amount of exercise I feel much more energetic and am making surprising decisions to voluntarily avoid "non-keto" foods which I find very surprising.

I also have to say, and it probably sounds stupid but i feel better both physically and mentally. Beforehand, i would be quite miserable, tired all the time to the point where it was affecting work but now I feel much better.

I was approximately 14st 7lbs before but haven't weighed myself yet however, I have lost 2 - 3 inches off my waist and gone down a trouser size down to 34in waist.

Yaka, MLyons and fix-the-spade like this.
  8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Just remember the sugar free mints to cover up that Keto breath.

9. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

keep it up, if you reach a plateu just keep at it