1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The Windows 10 Thread

Discussion in 'Software' started by impar, 30 Sep 2014.

1. B1GBUD

B1GBUD More Biddy Bang Bang than Sean Paul

Latest Win 10 update broke my Creative X-Fi drivers, but not to worry as I have the Realtek onboard as a backup. A PITA in any case, *shakes fist*

2. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

Every Win10 “creators” update screws my Nvidia drivers, requiring DDU and a reinstall. It always breaks Shadowplay and the overlay.

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Well-Known Member

Latest update is disabling microphone input for all apps.

Go into settings and look for microphone privacy settings.

In the microphone access is on setting, click change and turn it off and back on again.

Allow apps to access your microphone make sure that is on.

I then turned off each app that I didn't use (turned them all off)

Reboot and it should work again, fekin Microsoft, my friend lost his mic access in vent yesterday, took him 8 hours of googling to fix it.

4. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

I had that too, forgot to mention it.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

You're supposed to get a pop up when you first log in after the update running you through the updated privacy settings [like that one]... supposed to...

That one's partly nVidia's fault because of how all the Geforce Experience, shadowplay, and related bollocks works [the drivers are there, but GFE/Shadowplay doesn't acknowledge they're there... so it throws a strop... requiring a reinstall]... partly MS as it's a result of how MS chose to make major updates work - [it installs a fresh copy of windows, then copies your drivers and **** over from the existing install like an in-place upgrade/[re]install...]

[See also B1gBuds' comment about Creative's drivers].

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Well-Known Member

Yeh I did and as usual I turned them all off lol.

Point being my mic was already setup properly and didnt need dicking about with lol.

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

So you tuned everything off and wondered why something was turned off? :p

That said, whilst i know why they force you to click through that stuff [regulatory bitching mostly], sometimes you wish for a 'i don't care that the EU/EFF is bitching at you, leave my current settings as they are...' option.

8. pilsner72

pilsner72 Ive got soul but im not a solderer

Windows 10 1803 is having problems with all my Sata drives connected even with correct drivers. It seems not to like my 2 x 2TB drives today.
    PC boots fine with SSD and 1TB drive, windows 10 seems to like my expansion card today also. Everything worked in 1709:sigh:

Correction only works properly with C: drive, just rebooted and bad config error blue screen.

Disk management lists C has having the recovery partition but when the C drive is connected on its own it only gives one option Turn off pc. If I connect F: on the first boot and press shift and restart, all my recovery options are there, then when I restart I get bad config blue screen until I disconnect drive F. There are no recovery partitions on F: listed in Disk management. Maybe if i'd have disconnected the other drives while updating this wouldn't have happened.

Last edited: 17 May 2018
  9. pilsner72

pilsner72 Ive got soul but im not a solderer

Reset PC :(

10. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

We have a single W10 machine on our community network and the 1803 update has got stuck on it, tried several things to get it sorted.

It is still stuck.

Bodes well when we make the move to W10 soon.

Also W7 security roll ups are a nightmare for getting stuck, happens every month to a handful of machines its just urgh.