1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The Witcher 2 - Enhanced Edition

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paddy, 17 Apr 2012.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

i downloaded my ee update direct from the witcher website. the file was 10 gig or so and the witcher laumcher handled the update. i found the gog site s little confusing with regards to patching files.

2. Tigernos

Tigernos Resident Roman Soldier

Right, I'm going to go crazy. I've downloaded the GOG version of The Witcher twice using the GOG Downloader and the files are corrupt. I've downloaded each individual file group off GOG via my browser twice and the files are corrupt.

The support article on the website states "The GOG downloader will not corrupt the files and if it has then its your hard drive not us"

So I'm hacked off and I'll be contacting GOG for a refund and buying somewhere else.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

4. GoodBytes

5. Tigernos

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher

This is where I was getting it from.

I've wiped the download, checked over my hard drive (oh look no errors) and I'm giving it a third and final chance before I waste more money buying it a second time somewhere else.

I'll let you know how it goes when it finishes.

6. GoodBytes

Ohhh the first game. Not the second
    Yea I can't check that for you. My game of (The Wither 1) was purchased retailed. I downloaded EE patch via the official site.

Again, forget about the GOG downloaded... I am thinking something is not clearing right. Just use the Firefox add-on, and be done with it. Works excellently on any download you encounter, like Windows Beta, or Service pack or wtv.. so many uses.

7. Tigernos

Yeah the first one, all the talk has made me want to try it, but until I finish the sig build I'm keeping it simple, I'll try no2 when I have a system that will run it better.

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The system in your sig will run the second game at ultra settings @ 1920 x 1080 no problems. No need to wait old boy.

Oh the bits in red you dont have yet.. me'h I should pay more attention :wallbash:

9. Tigernos

On the plus side you prompted me to read my own sig and realise I had broken some of the colour codes, thanks! haha

10. Tigernos

Download failed, "checksum error on chunk 109" contact support. I hate you GOG I hate you so very much.....

11. GoodBytes

Again, stop using GOG download software.
    It could also be that the file was miss uploaded on their server. You should contact them, so that they can re-upload the game on their server asap.

12. Tigernos

I've sent then an angry email demanding a refund. I'll buy it somewhere else.

I've tried two different browsers and their own downloader twice. I've had enough.

13. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I know you don't want to hear it, but it's probably not GOG's fault. This is pretty common when downloading large files online. Last time I bought dlc from Bioware I had to download the damn thing 6 or 7 times before I actually got an uncorrupted file. It is annoying I know. Hair pulling annoying.

Oddly I've never had this issue on Steam (but I have on Origin)..I wonder if they have some kind of automatic hash checker?

Should have told GOG in the email to bung it in a rar file with a 10% recovery record before they upload it. ;D

14. nuc13ar

nuc13ar What's a Dremel?

i will just buy the disc version at Target. thanks to everyone for the inputs.

15. GoodBytes

I still think it's something else that's wrong. You should have contact them.

Last edited: 13 May 2012