1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by workingclass, 5 Feb 2013.

1. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me what this heavy or strong attack is and how to do it? I must have missed this in the tutorial.

2. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

If you are on a keyboard hold shift when you attack

3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, I seemed to be doing pretty well without it so far but will definitely give it a go later.

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Oddly enough one of my favourite parts of this game is that you don't have to wait for it to load.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Just been faffing around doing some stuff on Skellige - I did the 'favour' quest for Yen, after you encounter Morkvarg, and amidst the looting I came back with the +100 saddle bags, might be one to keep an eye out for if you don't want to spent the coin to buy them!

6. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Member

Did a side quest for some bloke I met in Novigrad, which mean't I had to go to Skellige to find a 'Black pearl' from the sea. Worst quest ever - 10 crowns and about 10XP.

7. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I eventually moved on with the main story as I was getting a bit bored with some of the quests that involved so much running about with little reward at the end.
    As for the 100 saddle I have come across it several times now in Veen.
    On another note entirely and a bit sad but some of the female characters are quite tasty.

8. DraigUK

DraigUK Member

Just finished the main story - what an excellent game. Really enjoyed it and a great end to the Geralt story.

9. liratheal

Yen tickles me a bit too much for a virtual character!

10. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I have an excuse, sort of, as it is my age. But I agree Yen is lovely but I did meet a rather beautiful strumpet in Novigrad.

11. liratheal

Haha, I must admit, I tend to sprint/ride a horse around where I can, so I very rarely see much of NPC's other than them falling over in my wake >.>

12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Anyone running SLI?

Doesn't seem to want to play ball now I've got two GTX660s. Keep getting crashes, display driver crash and massive drops in fps. Cards aren't overheating, both running between 50-60ish, both cards are being used (sometimes it looks like it might be dropping down to 1 card, but after a driver reinstall I think it's not doing that anymore).
    Afterburner is turned off, along with any other non-essential background apps.

Seemed to be kicking out some good fps to start with, when I first tried it, with Afterburner fps on, I was getting 60 at the crows perch, then around 50ish when out in the forest, which is pretty much double what I was getting with one card. But it'll drop down to <15fps at times now and won't go back up.

13. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I think the last patch has caused issues. I myself feel that when I first boot up the game it is not running as well as it should but this passes and all is fine. But looking around the forums elsewhere it seems that others are having issues but I have no idea if these relate to SLI.

14. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Last patch for me cleared up the white flickering.

15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

At a glance, I don't think I'm the only one with SLI issues, even SLI TitanX owners are having problems. Seems to be a driver related issue rather than Witcher issue, people are using SLI profiles from other games to get it running better.

16. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I hate to admit this but I am getting bored with the endless go here get that come back then go somewhere else all for 5 experience points. So much so I rarely do quests from a notice bored now.
    Same with the question marks all over the place most of the time the rewards are rubbish.

I suspect that this comes down to familiarity with this type of game but I have little clue as to character advancement in the menu, Also no real idea what I am supposed to do with the points I get. I don't seem to make potions as I don't see the need for them other than Swallow or thunderbolt which are the only two I seem to use. Rarely use bombs and the crossbow is like Ken Dodds tickling stick in it's effectiveness.

As for swords and armour when I get a better of either I equip it plus I have had some of each made but as yet I am not a high enough level to use. No idea what I should do with runes except stick them in anywhere that will accept them. No idea of the effect.

Maybe there should be more tutorials in the beginning that might help us noobies to understand what most of the menus are all about. And perhaps less clutter with the masses of notes that I have collected as I have proceeded. Can I dump these?

I do not seem to be having to much trouble with enemies so I get the impression that most of the stuff in the menus is pointless.

Will finish the game but not sure if I will replay it.

17. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

There's much to take in and figure out without the aid of a tutorial.

Runestones improve the traits of swords and have three levels, Lesser, Regular and Greater (although 'Regular' is not denoted in the game). It's worth playing around with this and the Character Points. With the Character Points you can change the intensity and effect of Geralts Signs, for example once Igni is upgraded and the trait placed in an available experience slot (character menu) then you can have the secondary power as illustrated here...

[​IMG]

Something of a flamethrower that I make use of a great deal! Then there's Mutagens that enhance the selected experience slots. Match the colours and the experience slots will enhance above the norm.

18. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Sorry but your explanation did or rather does not help me except I was unaware that I could get the effect you describe.
    But the overall boredom of quests which are pretty meaningless or pointless is the real problem.

But I may as you say play around but the lack of any real explanation as to what is going to improve once a point has been added is pretty annoying to noobies such as thyself.

As it is I play on one screen with Google ready on anther ready to ask questions about everything. But as I say this is probably down to lack of experience my only other game in this Genre was Skyrim and I found the constant effort of trying to find the right bits to upgrade everything to a reasonable level a little tedious.

19. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Half decent video explaining things here...

Went through hell crafting a Greater Red Mutagen that'll improve my combat stats!

20. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I thought you found mutagen things not crafted them.