1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Im quite liking my Priest now i have the second gun and a rammer. Works brilliantly as an impromptu TD when needed just sucks if it needs to turn... ever!

2. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

It's quite fast for a US arty I'm afraid. The M12 is hilariously bad at turning.

3. j.col

j.col Minimodder

some news on this weekends special

From Saturday, October 13th at 07:30 CEST (05:30 GMT) to Tuesday, October 16th at 07:00 (05:00 GMT), players can take advantages of the following bonuses:

50% discount on the following vehicles:
    Tier VII Soviet tank destroyer SU-152
    Tier VII German tank destroyer Jagdpanther
    Tier VII American medium tank T20
    Tier VII French light tank AMX 13 75

Enlarge your arsenal at low cost!
    50% discounts on garage slots

Extra space is always nice, even if you’re not buying new tanks now it’s a good investment for the future!. All the garage slots will cost 150 gold instead of 300 gold.

70% increased profits earned with the following vehicles:
    Tier VI Soviet self-propelled gun SU-14
    Tier VI German self-propelled gun GW Panther
    Tier VI American self-propelled gun M12
    Tier VI French self-propelled gun Lorraine155 50
    Tier VII American heavy tank T29
    Tier VII Soviet medium tank KV-13

i have the SU-152 and the Jagdpanther unlocked :)
    are any of these any good?
    or just buy an IS-3? which i also have unlocked, but 10k xp away from the top engiine on the IS

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The JagdPanther is great fun, especially with the top gun & engine - shoot & scoot!

I love my IS-3, made it elite ages ago and moved onto the IS-8 but I have kept the IS-3 for fun.

I haven't started on the Russian TD tree but will probably do so soon, the Obj.704 with the big gun is too tempting - BOOM!

5. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

The 152 is great.
    Its got what I believe is the highest DPM gun in the game? Or alternatively derping never gets old.

6. j.col

j.col Minimodder

i may just buy both,
    i have 2.6mill credits, and with both at half price, it will only cost me 1.5mill. inc, crew retraining
    i also have the T29, so with 70% extra on that, i wont be long making back the money
    also i will just use the derp on the SU-152, so all i will have to research are the tracks as i have all the engines and radios already, then onto the ISU-152

Last edited: 12 Oct 2012
  7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

well...there goes my savings, i guess the E75 will have to wait

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Been waiting for the Jagd to come on offer. Awesome.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Jagd is an amazing little tank, with the top engine and gun i prefer it over the Tiger. quicker turns better and much more powerful gun

10. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Just got my world of warplanes beta key. Good times.

11. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Don't expect much - it's ****!

12. j.col

j.col Minimodder

this^^
    i got my key last week, didnt even finish the training, just didn't like it at all

13. dmarook

dmarook What's a Dremel?

Same here. Didn't really get on with it very well. I guess it's still beta but I don't think KB & mouse goes well with these kinds of games.

14. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

They did say that this one was going to need a controller or a joystick in fairness. I'm hoping that the game works well but we'll see. I assume its going to be n00b bashing for the first 200 games though.

15. j.col

j.col Minimodder

who has had the VK 3002 DB?
    i unlocked the Panther first (in case it was on offer soon ;))

now i have got the upgraded tracks. so it will be the new turret next.
    my question is, whats the best gun? currently using the L70, high ROF and pen, but crap damage.
    or use the short 88mm i have unlocked already from my tiger?

16. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

its swings and roundabouts with the DB
    some like the pen and ROF lf the l70, others prefer the alpha damage of the 88L56
    mine is still stock but i really didnt get on well with the 88 as the pen is kinda crappy and stock its still abit slow to reach the butt end of IS, IS3 etc

17. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

The DB is a mixed bag. On one hand it is slightly faster than the panther, with around the same armor, but you still get farmed up quickly. The panther is more of a support medium, while I found that the DB is an attacker, yet the guns don't pen or do too little damage for it to be effective...All I wanted it for was to unlock the tiger.

18. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm dabblling with the game the last week or so and have researched and upgraded theT1 and bought an M2. If I stick with the American light tanks, what other direction might I want to go with the others if I was after TDs or Mediums or SPGs I still have the four starting tanks with varying experience plus the M2 but haven't researched anything outside the American line yet.

19. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

T18 and T82 (?) are a bit OP if you want a laugh. I would go straight for the jumbo and then down the heavies and med lines. The T110E5 is the tier 10 of choice for versatility and good; post nerf the M48 is not brilliant.

The DB is poo; I'm sorry but it has nothing going for it except the future second medium line after it.

20. Xye

Xye What's a Dremel?

Honestly I have kept my M2. Its not quite as quick as the Russian BT2 but it can out turn it. Really though just try stuff. As soon as your destroyed in a battle Esc and jump in a different tank

I found the DB pretty good the armour has a good slope too it, its kind of like a the hetzer. I played it before the panther and found the panther awful because of its massive size. Just started on the panther II