1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Ah-hem

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I knew that. :worried: :D

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Also. Victor Kislyi, founder of Wargaming, is a ****ing legend. Why? Because he is funding the dig for 36 (yes 36!) spitfires thought to be found buried in perfect condition in Burma by the RAF after WWII. I'll be more than happy to chuck more funds at WG for that, A years premium and an IS-6 for xmas methinks.

4. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Sweet, that is great news!

However, I'm not sure what the gold cost difference is (you can't see if you already own it), but a T34 will earn a LOT more credits than an IS-6.

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Actually Lizard, the IS-6 does better DPM (IS6@ 2000, T34 @ 1600) and a friend of mine makes more with his IS-6 than he ever did with his T34. The problem is that most of the people with IS-6's are idiots, and it obviously has lower pen until you load it with APCR rounds.

We often run a platoon of IS6 & M6A1E2 & T34 and it works well when we can play to the strengths of each tank.

IS-6 costs 11,800 gold, T34 costs 12,000. Sauce

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Totally agree the majority of IS6 driver don't have a clue how to use them. Same can be said for a lot of T34 drivers they leave the lower body exposed and not angled then wonder why they die quickly. Always play hull down or if you cant angle it to increase the chance of deflection.

7. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

But that's just the risk you get with a premium tank. Occasionally you get someone who has played consistently at the game and purchased it as an earner and other times you get a new player that wants to have a go.

Pot luck. Just like the rest of matchmaking.

8. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

i am loving my new brit tier 10 med the fv4202 the gun is great with vents and rammer and a 100% crew 7.9 sec reload much better that the tier 9 of only 10.1sec reload also i found it bounced more shot plus the low profile of the tank helps

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yeah properly used the IS6 can be a real ballache to damage as it has a very big habit of zero penning ( RU server call it a ''Feature'' and i belive a mod reffered to it as a ''common bug'' that might be fixed soon )

sometimes i like having a friend that speaks russian that can translate everything for me, google translate is just so poor sometimes

10. lilgoth89

great example of how crap my games were today....
    Shots Fired 12
    penatrations 11
    damage 285
    E75...im selling you...
    10!!! no damage pens out of 11 ROUNDS

11. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I've been hugely disappointed with the E-75 since the tier 10 mediums appeared, it is under-gunned and under-armoured imho and has a slow reload with the biggest gun. This coupled with the small maps means it can't use it's main advantage - accuracy from long range. It has too be used as a support tank.

I don't play it much now.

Sent from my phone...

12. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

oh....my..god. The idiot factor was through the roof last night. It took me 5 hours to get my doubles done and i only earned 130k in the process. Seriously, I cant even begin to describe the levels of stupidity.

I just don;t understand how people can't understand basic principles like 'shoot the tank thats been highlighted and tracked and is right in front of you for over a minute'

13. lilgoth89

all the Teir7s are good imo, but they all have their own playstyles
    tigerP, nose towards the enemy slow sliper tank
    tigerH, mobile sniper
    IS pure brawler
    T29 facehugger
    kv3 can really play anywhere tbh

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I went for the tiger h in the end but ended up really hating it and getting rid of it after just a few days. Cost me 1.6 mill to find out I hated it :/

German Tier 7 is a bit of a chore compared to german t6 and t8.

15. bagman

bagman Minimodder

But it is like the best heavy for taking on a med 1 on 1. Its front amour is very thick, and it can spin around very quickly, and does lots of damage. Anyway I would expect a tier 10 to beat a tier 9 1 on 1.

16. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

So the Super Pershing is quite interesting. Not my play style at all, but I really like it.
    It is so slow, mediocre gun and magic frontal armor :D The gun is not too shabby, fairly acurate with nice damage, similar to the 88mm...It has somewhat low pen though, when going against T9 tanks...Did I say it is slow?!? I think if it needs a buff, then a few more HP to push this thing would be nice.
    I just chill with the other heavies or push flanks and usually do pretty well.

17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

True but in random noob lemming train matches you don't get the support you need so it ends up you vs. many, always ends badly.

Sent from my phone...

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Got my JadgePanther II recently, greatTD and it shares Engines, Guns and Radio with the JP1, so all you need is a 15k track upgrade and the top gun.

On the subject of that gun, it’s a tier 10, 12.8cmPak 44 L/55, costs about 63k XP, 310k silver but does a whopping 490/490/630 HP damage and 246/311/65 mm penetration at the cost of doing 5.13 rounds a minute. Overall it’s a marked improvement over its predecessor, the 10.5cm Pak 45 L/52. However, while you can drive this tank without the top gun, and will get the excellent speed, and radio benefits ,as well as the competent 10.5cm gun you will find it hard if your bottom of the tree.

My advice would be to wait until you have enough free XP (converted) to get both the track upgrade and the top gun all in one go, at the same time you buy the TD, to be the most effective.

Overall though, as with most of the German TD line – I really like it :)

Also, while on the subject of TDs, I actually kept my JP1, and downgraded the gun to the 8.8 cm Pak 43 L/71, while it has less damage than the 10.5cm Pak 45 L/52, the pen is very similar and the shell costs are a lot less, so it has become a real money maker now, especially with the improved rpm. Before having the JP2, I’d not have done that, but it’s worth doing if you have a TD further up the chain and you’re looking to lower your costs as a result.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2012
    dmarook likes this.
  19. dmarook

dmarook What's a Dremel?

Hmm, I'll be researching the JadgePanther II soon. Thanks for your thoughtful info about it. :thumb:

20. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

We lost.... I cant belive we ****ing lost...

[​IMG]