1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

TBH, most players I meet in tier 9/10 games are spitting premium rounds like it's the last day of the 'premium rounds 90% off mega sale' so the armour values of most vehicles tend to be a little irrelevant anyway!

It's a bouncy tank as the Brit meds go but clearly not a patch on some tanks.

I can live with all that but what I don't get is the WG match maker, using XVM, I can see the average stats of most of the players, so why the hell does the MM love stacking players who are clearly much better, is very dangerous tanks all on the same side?
    If XVM can see the difference, surely the MM can balanced more evenly? I had one of sessions last evening, where 80-90% if the game were lost and it seems to be the gamers where the enemy team has a higher proportion of blue/purple players. Or where they think it's a good idea to spam 2 platoons of 3, where all the players are in Bat-twats or worse, clearly they are then going to work together to very easily seal club the enemy team.

I know the MM is configured to get a match up ultra fast, hence the reason your not sat in long queues like with War Thunder Ground Forces but even so, they really need to tweak it a bit!

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I shall look forward to trying that one out then, on the USA tree I'm currently working with the M4 & M7 so just one Tier behind unlocking it.

3. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

WG said that skills MM is bad idea. Like place 30 60% players in one battle and 15 of them loose anyway .
    Also they work on new MM which counts tank 'role'. No 7ht vs 7mt battles

send from Deathstar via HAL9000

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yeah but they could at least stop over loading one team with half a team of 56-62% players and dumping all the 50 and sub 50% players on the other!

The tank Role thing is interesting however, a change here is long overdue! Any idea when they plan that update?

5. Vetalar

КТТС :) MM is biggest issue in the eyes of most players. But new implementation of MM 3.0 could took several months for testing...

Send from iPad via Tapatalk

6. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

WoT devs have stated in a blog that they think XVM is crap (on my phone so can't find sauce) but for all their contempt, you would think they would consider some way of avoiding one team of low # of game tomatoes vs. a whole team of highly experienced, high WN8 players?

I mean even using the in-built "personal rating" to group players into skill bands would be better?

They could even do it simpler by banding players based on the number of games played - this won't avoid useless players being grouped but at least it will avoid new players being put off the game from the constant seal clubbing they receive.

FFS anything that improves the MM is a good thing compared to the situation now, even I would put up with a doubling or tripling of the queue time if it improves the MM.

/tldr: don't get me ranting on the MM...

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

LOL - remind me why I keep playing? Internet Stockholm Syndrome? :)

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

the MM has and will always be the make or break point in any randomly selected team based game

it is designed from the ground up to 'encourage' people to pay by frustration. unfortunatly World Of Tanks seems to suffer from its own popularity where the animals at the local zoo all now spend their time on WOT ( in between throwing poop around anyway ) and the teams are just diabolical half the time.

there have been many people asking for skill based mm, or Win ratio based mm but that really would only be a VERY temporary solution as even if you had 2 full teams of 30% scrubs / bots one team will win, and the other will lose ( or they will both draw and it counts as a loss for both teams ) so the scrubs will see their win ration increase to the point where they are jumped onto the other server ( and vice versa )

a HUGE problem for the game recently has been the sale of accounts ( and its a much bigger problem than WG will openly admit ) as according to a source ( who works for the company ) almost 7k 'regular' players on the EU server are believed to have purchased their account. meaning even stats are no longer a given for a skilled player ( herpa derp ill just buy a 55% win ratio teirX account and instantly become god in a tank )

the devs are working on MM 3.0 but it will take quite along time as they are all currently fapping to the HD tanks

9. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Well its good see everyone is taking/chating here again after long time :D

10. Vetalar

I'm away from PC for a while so I only about chating

11. suenstar

I don't tend to mind the MM too much, though I'm still only playing with tier 3-5 tanks so I probably don't notice as much going wrong as people playing in the higher tiers.

Completely unrelated, I seem to have completely forgotten how to play an SPG role.
    I think I'm going to have to do some major practising in the Bishop a load more... at least I remembered that it is stupidly heavy and a good laugh to drop on someone else's light tank off a hill. :hehe:

Still working towards the E2 medium tank as well, the M4 feels like a total chore to grind through. I'm almost tempted to grind free experience on a fully researched tank to convert to that one...

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Just thought I would share some of the great matches I have been having over the last month.

Finally cracked through the 55% WR on the Jagdpanther II after 4k games, I love this TD.

Took My T110E5 out for some matches for the first time in a while, was good fun.

[​IMG]

Amazing match in my E75, my highest damage scored ever in any tank, very surprising considering a) it was the E75 and b) it was a Tier 10 match. To make it even better, I had a premium account at the time after winning a couple of the events over the New Year.

[​IMG]

Gawd I love the Jagdpanther II...

[​IMG]

First mark of excellence in my IS-3.

[​IMG]

More Jagdpanther II fun.

[​IMG]

Even 7 kills does not guarantee victory if your team aren't up to it...

[​IMG]

More Jagdpanther II fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Some great games there judging my those scores!

I really tried with the high tier german TD line, tried the Fedi, the JP2 and eventually the JGT at tier 9 but something significant in the play style of the original line of German TD's changes once you hit tier 8 and above and it's not a change I get on with.

Glad you have been making great use of the JP2 though :p

14. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The Ferdinand for me was meh, even though it has a great gun and better armour than the JP2, it is so slow and un-manoevourable that I found it painful.

I did not get on with the JGT, I gave up on it after a massive losing streak, it again was just so slow and un-manoevourable that it was a sitting target, even if you were camping behind the front line and (supposedly) hidden. Just a big awful lump of metal with a good gun.

The main reason I love the JP2 is that it is so manoeuvrable that you can shoot'n'scoot around the map supporting the whole team, not staying in the same place. It is basically a Panther II with no turret and a T10 gun (did I mention how awesome the top gun is?) so you can nearly play like a medium. Being able to move quickly into the right position on a map is the key, the other's are too slow to be able to get into the right position quickly and usually get wasted before getting there.

In addition, a lot of T9 & T10's ignore or discount the JP2 as it is "only" T8 and only has 100mm front armour. However, they soon change their mind when you hit them for 500 damage every 9 seconds, you can halt an inexperienced enemy heavy tank rush by making them hesitant to push up a flank when faced with a JP2.

As long as you are in the right position for the map (i.e. not on the front line), you don't need to fear enemy heavy tanks and TD's - mediums and arty are your main worry. If multiple mediums rush, you usually lose (500 damage per shot will make quick work of most mediums if they rush alone). Most arty will take almost all of your HP (only 1150 on the JP2), a few arties will kill you in one shot. Autoloader's are to be avoided at all costs unless they are reloading.

In my own case, with 93% complete on the 5th set of secondary skills and 410m actual view range (512m with binocs), getting in the right position for each map is crucial to playing the JP2 correctly, you have to play it as if it had no armour. The vast majority of the damage I do is from over 300m.

Last edited: 3 Feb 2015
  15. lilgoth89

the issue with the JT ( and alot of TD's that rely on armour rather than camo ) is that once your spotted, you become public enemy #1 and you tend to find alot of gold comes flying in your direction ( despite good damage and kill ratios in my M103 i just cant pull a win out alot of the time

plus in teirX games the average IQ seems to be about the same as you find in a baboons arse cheek
    and having to rely heavily on them is rather difficult i find

that said i REALLY enjoy playing the ISU152, its one of the only tanks i enjoy playing much these days along with a few mid teir tanks

my current favourites are
    Tetrarch ( teir 2 seal clubbing lolz )
    the french teir3 TD ( the lawn mower )
    the US teir4 arty
    the Stug
    SU100
    T29
    ISU

so basically one from every tier ( besides 9 )

could always get a Bit-Tech chat going again for platoon hilarity

16. suenstar

I'm currently on that French Tier 3 TD, it always looks hilarious when lined up next to all of the other tanks in a match. :D

I think it's been discussed a few times in the past as an idea to pull together for some random Bit-Tech platoons.
    It would definitely be good to get a chance to play along with everyone.

Though I'd imagine I'll have to stop with slowly unlocking all the nations tanks lower tiers at the same time and actually focus on pushing forward for at least one T8+ tank as most of you seem to play in higher tiers the majority of the time.

17. lilgoth89

i dont much care what teirs i play, i find that the cesspool of humanity frequent the higher tier games though

its as a famous Youtuber once said

'lose enough games and you WILL get a teir X tank'

18. Vetalar

For German TD 'new' line of no-armor-supercanon is absolutely hilarious. It has +1 tier canon and turret. On test I've played couple battles on wt e 100. It's wonderful. Real damage dealer. That stands for tier 8&9 also. Very high camo and ultra accurate gun make this TD a superb. Isu152 with top gun are just railgun.
    My favorite tanks mostly soviets. Kv1, su85, is3, is7, t-34-85, t62a, ob.140. I don't understand top soviet TD ob.268 and sold it away... May be buy 704 or isu152...

19. suenstar

I'm starting to get the hang of the SPG tanks again now, I forgot how satisfying landing some of the hits with those were.

I had some really fun matches in my little SU-26 last night, following a few paces behind our team's heavy tanks half way up the map and then edging myself in a position against a rock so the increased tilt gave me range on their base. :D

20. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder