1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Worst Car in The History of The World

Discussion in 'General' started by 666painkiller, 24 Nov 2012.

1. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Two genuine american cars, the Chevrolet HHR (The name alone is a pain to pronounce) and the SSR (Another failed attempt to revive 50s style)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's funny because in the late 90s, Chrysler designed a similar concept 'The Sidewinder' but they never dared produce it....I wonder why. As for GM, well....they have some bawlz.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Nov 2012
  2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Ha ha! That is the car that replaced my Mum's Alegro! To be fair to the Panda it was a beast in the snow.

3. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

My mate had an Austin Allegro that was bright orange, we nicknamed it "The Baked Bean". You could sit on the roof and feel it cave in under your own weight, then jump in and kick the roof from the inside and POP!!! restored to its natural shape.

It was also commented on by an experienced policeman that "I've never seen one of those go on 2 wheels before".... sadly, it's last drive was coming back from a Wok (hard house) night at Bojangles. Where it met its maker (or rather a concrete mains water post + oak tree!!)

Almost forgot.... you could yank on the seatbelts and they wouldn't lock :jawdrop:

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

The seat marbella was worse.

5. PauloWhysalli

PauloWhysalli Confused.com

Which in Lincolnshire was never a major problem :brrr:. To be fair we did drive from Spalding to Munich for a holiday and it managed that ok, just very uncomfortable :D

6. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

I don't know if it's the worst car, per se, but the Pontiac Sunfire is weird. It's a great car... If you can keep up on its strange maintenance cycle. Else, you get an error that suggests the oxygen sensor is bad, even though you replaced it only 2 weeks ago....

Also, the thing likes to go. I think my brothers said they may have hit 90MPH accidentally... :worried:

7. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

And what an image can't show is the fact that all those panels are plastic - not metal.

Wonder why I've not seen one for the past 15 years or so - they've all melted.

8. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Can't top the Citroen tbh.

The PT Cruiser was pretty terrible.

10. Petrol head

Petrol head What's a Dremel?

Oooo too many to choose from. Are we selecting a decade here or can I fill the next 10 pages myself.

Lots of vehicles have issues. I however as a technician by trade avoid anything French or Italian to begin with as a higher probability of getting a lemon. After that everything fits in levels of grey for me.:sigh::waah:

11. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

The economy argument is entirely almost without merit, equivalent luxury saloons use exactly the same engines. Only difference is weight and the Range Rover is the only one that is significantly heavier than a saloon counterpart. The newest Range Rover comes in at a similar weight to my own car, amazingly enough.

How is "expensive to purchase" a good reason to hate on them? Surely a MB S class is "expensive to purchase" or any other vehicle in that sort of category.

Yes, many 4x4s understeer - but on what planet are you driving on where you get to those kinds of speeds legally? The urban environment you talk about is the last place you would see the caveats of 4x4 handling IMO.

I've got a BMW 6 series, and I've driven many a range rover, and I would take the range rover every time over a luxury saloon or GT Coupe like mine. Most luxobarges are the same length and similar width, and I'd say the 4x4s are easier to park because you can see more.

They are a luxury product - the fact that they are luxury kind of implies you aren't buying it for the rest of humanity - but you can't hate on 4x4s and then commend the guy with a 3 litre diesel Audi down the road just because it's a saloon and does 5 mpg more and costs 20 grand less and goes round silverstone 20 seconds faster - that's totally illogical.

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I see your point julian, but don't really agree. Most 4x4's add 250kg+ onto the kerb weight of their equivalent saloon bretheren, their shape adds another economy penalty, and the end product simply isn't as good a drive.

You compare your 6-series to a RR, yet the equivalent saloon would be a 7-series, S-class or current-gen Jaguar XJ. All superior to the RR as a road car.

As an example, F10 530d Touring versus current-gen X5 3.0d:
    MPG: 47.1 v 38.2
    Weight: 1790kg v 2150
    Boot size: 560l v 620l
    0-60: 6.2s v 7.6
    OTR price: £44645+ v £49495

13. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

BMW X3....

Pointless car and has very little going for it!

14. bagman

bagman Minimodder

The only reason you should buy a large SUV 4x4 is because you are going to go off road in it. I hate people who drive 4x4s when the tyres have never even touched a blade of grass, what is the point? You simply can not justify it. If you want a 5 door large car get a mondeo, A6 or 5 series (some of which are longer than range rovers).

15. walle

walle Minimodder

The X5 is a great SAV/SUV. Reliable, good handling, safe, and decent enough off road.

16. slackda

slackda Is aiming for a Headshot!

I was going to agreew with you as this was my first car..... redeeming Features :

"seven-position adjustable rear seat which could be folded flat to make a bed, or folded into a V shape to support awkward loads, or easily and quickly removed altogether to increase the overall load space"

The Fact i drove it into a Post out side my parents house after miss judging the driveway...no damage to car it just bounced off (much to may dad amusement who was watching from the window).

The Bad features... getting out of the car and the seat coming with me....., the gear box going meaning i lost 1st gear and 3rd gear..... pulling away in second on a 750cc engine is fun.

The nail in the coffin....amazing Italian electronics....getting in the car to go to work and turning the key to have smoke poor out of the ignition barrel....

17. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

All the justification they need is they liked the car. What's the point in second guessing some one else's decision and why do you think you know what they need better than they do? The argument that buying a 4x4 is a selfish decision is ludicrous. Who really thinks considers what impact it will have on other road users and pedestrians when buying a car? You buy the car that you like (which is so highly subjective it's pointless challenging) and that suits your needs.

18. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

I think this thread is intended for cars that you think are NOT good.

19. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

Not applicable to most other 4x4's and a little OT, but my dad's rubbish Ford Maverick lwb oversteers around roundabouts when doing very low speeds. It's embarrassing sometimes when it squeals around a corner doing no speed at all. That is a terrible, terrible handling vehicle. Others I have driven have been OK mind.

20. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

The legendary Ford T 1909, let set the matter once and for all. IT WAS A PIECE OF JUNK ! I'd rather spend 500$ on some good horses than purchasing this black devil.

[​IMG]