1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Worst Game You Own

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LeMaltor, 20 Oct 2011.

1. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I think it's actually worse than CS. Although I don't hate the game, i do get annoyed by the people who have just played it so long they've memorised exactly how far they need to aim to hit someone. It becomes a game of

Spawn => Sniper kills you => Spawn => Sniper Kills you = > Spawn => Suicide => find new server

2. ICISAZEL

ICISAZEL What's a Dremel?

in recent times after great reviews lost planet is the most recent game that i can say i felt was super meh.. as for over hyper disappointments, that has to be Far cry 2 for me..

3. Hrodwulf666

Hrodwulf666 Arse about tit master!

I Loved FC2 as well, It just drew me in, I think it's a game where you get out of it what you put in, Ive replayed it about 4 times and only now has it got a bit stale, but when you get into the 2nd half it picks up again. I also use a mixture of Cars and Boats and the journey is ALWAYS as relevant as the mission or destination. The atmosphere of desperation is palpable and the comrade system is great when could possibly decide the fate of an ally OR they could die no matter what you do! Any game that quotes Nietzsche in its opening is a winner in my book!
    The FPS handling can feel a little awkward to begin with but you soon adjust.

Ive seen the stalker games pop up here a few times, if you get the 'Complete' mods they fix the games up a treat!!!

Worst games for me though...

Metro 2033: **** on the Xbox, unplayable on the PC.
    Soldier of fortune: Payback... (bought it to try in case it was just 'meh'. It was actually just 'uuuuurgh')

Last edited: 5 Nov 2011
  4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Ahaha, Soldier of Fortune Payback. I watched a playthrough demo and that was enough to convince me how terrible that game is. Easily one of the worst things to ever happen to the FPS genre.

I have Conflict: Desert Storm II, which was great on XBC and gamecube but is terrible on PC. Badly ported, hideous graphics (even for the time), messed up controls and absolutely no graphics options or customizability at all. It only cost me about £2 but I still regretted it.

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Need for Speed undercover.

Car handling is awful, the graphics are pathetic, the motion blur makes everything look crap. The control mechanism is abysmal, there are no deadzones, so its almost impossible to stay in a straight line with a controller.
    And then there's a bug where I reach a certain mission, and the game crashes.

Hawx 2 was another one that I hated. The controls are awful, much worse than the original Hawx, which I could play and completed.

6. Hrodwulf666

Hrodwulf666 Arse about tit master!

I heard that they had to issue an apology? This game was from the same people that made 'Chaser'... I LOVED Chaser (or 'chasseur' as I lovingly refer to it).

7. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I managed to edited the thread title, NO IDEA HOW????, trying to get it changed back to Worst Game You Own.

8. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Sorted for you, your email did give me a laugh at least. Sorry XD

9. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Thanks Hex :)

10. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I have the first C: DS, played it for about 10 minutes, uninstalled never touched it again. I only got it to make up a buy 1 get 2 free at Gamestation. (Actually I chose C: DS 2 but the guy serving me put the wrong game in the box by accident. Didnt even notice until ages after).

11. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

To continue my SMIT about RAGE...

What exactly happened in the 'Sound Department' at id? We're they on an extended lunch break as the sound is probably some of the poorest I have ever heard on a PC game. The 'Clunk Clunk' on concrete has an abysmal delay of a couple seconds before it catches up and realises your actually walking on sand/gravel. Cue 'Gravel Sound Effect'! Is this the result of 'MegaTextures'?

In contrast to something like Battlefield 3 it's blown completely out of the water with a true 5.1 experience that has me well and truly immersed in the game. I find it absolutely astounding that no one (bar Brandon Sheffield) questioned the dated quality of this game during the extensive preview period preceding the release of RAGE.

12. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

Have to agree with those who have said Far Cry 2. I was initially going to select that for my worst game, but really that is getting personal feelings getting mixed in with actual fact; that is, Sniper of Victory is the worst game I have ever played, lacking any potential, bar the fact it was a game in a oft neglected sub-genre; sniper shooters. On the other hand Far Cry 2 had a lot going for it. To bad the almost instantly re spawning enemy's and never ending chase's destroyed any chance of fun I might of had with it. The worst part is, Ubisoft never released the modding tools to allow things such as re-spawn times to be changed.

If it where not for mods, Oblivion would also be up there. Vanilla Oblivon felt more like a incomplete mod developed by a small independent team, in fact it felt a good deal like Mount and Blade, without the awesome gameplay to make up for the lack of polish.

13. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Saints Row 2 on PC via steam bloody things damn near unplayable.

14. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I have a few but from what i can remember so far its either Bioshock or Oblivion, tried twice to start em and both times gave up after 20 mins, maybe one day i'll try again.. but not today.

15. Liam_Kellow

Liam_Kellow What's a Dremel?

I would have to say kane and lynch 1.

16. Masterdeadly

Masterdeadly What's a Dremel?

Has to be frontline fuels of war, bought it off steam for a £5 but it wasn't even worth that lol.

17. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Hard to say... I don't buy many games, and the ones I do buy I tend to replay often (Borderlands being at the very top, light years ahead of all others).

It's a toss-up between Battlefield 2412 and Delta Force Black Hawk Down for me - I've played them both once and nearly died of boredom.

18. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Unreal Tournament 3 - I knew it would be bad, why did I buy this steaming pile.

Modern Warfare 1 - Had to force myself to finish it, Super boring, and the sniper mission just pissed me off. ( Hence no more cod for me )

19. Stormwolf

Stormwolf What's a Dremel?

Recently? Tekken 6!

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

+ Infinity + 1

Saints Row 2 on PC is unplayable.

May I throw in Juiced2 as well, probably the worst racing game ever.