1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One The Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 21 May 2013.

1. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I'll be a collectors item in 10 years when only 20 are made/released. Tis why i have bought one.

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Why? Consoles are hot items on launch days, with restricted supply and high demand. If you want one at launch you basically have to pre-order, as there are a tiny number of units available for on-the-day customers. In this day of Amazon, you pretty much have to get your order in as soon as the pre-orders open to guarantee a unit.

Or are you just bashing consoles?

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

While the supply will be limited, i just don't see the reason to rush. I don't see anything on the PS4 or XBOX One launch list which screams "must buy console now!!!!!!", especially as most of the titles will come out on XBOX360/PS3 anyway. So again, i simply don't understand why are people preordering in the first place. To watch the turned off console because there is nothing to play on it ? After the initial limited holiday sale the supply will be just fine to cover the needs of the markets where it was launched and to cover new market launches, while the first real exclusives will start to appear.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Sometimes it can be months before more consoles come back into stock and lets not forget, people have been waiting 8 years for these. I can totally see why people are pre-ordering.

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I beg to differ, really.
    Yes, some of the games will be available on the PS3/360, but I'd like to play these cross-platform games on the higher spec new consoles. For these titles it isn't vital to pre-order, but it's a nice thing to have, and also fills out the launch titles nicely.

I'm in the PS4 camp and have on order:
    - Transistor
    - Destiny
    - Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag
    - inFAMOUS: Second Son
    - Watch_Dogs

To me, that seems like a reasonable number of games to be able to play - bearing in mind I also get a free copy of DriveClub. Beyond that launch day I've also ordered:
    - Kingdom Hearts 3
    - Final Fantasy XV
    - Oddworld: New & Tasty

I do understand that some people like to wait, but I like to get hands on straight away. I won't be playing for hours and hours every single day (I'm not 17 any more...), so the launch titles will also last me a fair while.

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well i would have to wait anyway, as i live in small, unimportant EU country - PS4 will probably launch in H1/2014 and XBOX One sometime in H2/2014. At least considering PS3/XBOX360 launch delays compared to US/UK.

7. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

8. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I got my PS3 on day 1. Me and 6 friends spent the whole weekend playing that Motorstorm game. At the time, we were all in to racing games... and it certainly beat the pants off all similar titles around at that given moment. (I'd wanted it for months.)

To each their own really. Some of the launch titles might be someone's cup of tea... others might just want the bragging rights maybe?

9. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I bought mine to resell a week before christmas.

10. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

HUGE rumour!

XBone to get 12GB DDR3 AND the gfx to get a speed bump!

12. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Ahhahahahaha. No.

13. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I highly doubt 12GB 'cause that's useless.
    graphic speed bump sounds like OC, which means red ring of death, is what I expect, or a very loud console.

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I heard that they were going to rename it the XBOXONEANDABIT

16. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

17. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yeah but I think the article got it about right. The new consoles are all but PCs in a smaller box and the development is going to be more PC centric. The hardware much more closely matches that of performance PCs, so the 'ports' are going to be better quality or at least the effort to make them better on the PC will be smaller.

Although I am not impressed with either console, this is mainly because they are in fact PCs (I may as well upgrade my own PC) and I think that they will in fact help support the development of better games for the PC.

18. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

whilst they may be `pc` they are very specific pc`s - ones with known specs and cane be coded for without that bloatware called windows getting in the way

19. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

One random site, claiming unnamed sources? That happened with the headset rumour, and look how that turned out. Hardware changes this late in the game simply do not happen - these consoles should be on production lines by now, or very shortly. The only thing MS can do to match the PS4 is to increase the number of ROPS on their GPU, which would require a re-design of their entire SOC, increase costs and delay everything. They could, theoretically, overclock the GPU, but then they run the risk of overheating and reduced number of suitable binned parts. Even then an OC isn't going to compensate for 33% less ROPs.

20. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

an overclock in the gpu is doable so I would say that quite likely - but the ram increase as goodbytes said wouldn't help a lot.

ofc whats your opinion?