1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Theory | By Hannes ["What? Is this still on?" 22st.February.2014]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hannes, 29 Oct 2010.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Even with the single-sleeved cables? :p

I love it! The cooler ist one of the most amazing piecs of modding I've ever seen. :thumb:

2. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Hm, going passive, although it's a huge cooler, could be troublesome. Have you tested it before putting it into the case?

PS: Too bad about Eddy not being able to deliver a white Delrin top for your blocks.

3. Hannes

Hannes Design | Art | Performance

Thank you Perplekks45! :-D

It'll probably not be optimal - but It'll look awesome and that's what I care about. :eek:

4. TimtomNL

TimtomNL New Member

The Cooler Master V8 looks amazing in combination with youre mobo!

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Love what you did with the cooler!
    Although slightly worried it was so easy :p

6. Hannes

It probably have that faceplate holding it together for a reason. :p Nah, it seems sturdy enough. :) some force was applied, but not that much. :p guess it's relative.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2011
  7. Hannes

[​IMG]

New sponsor! EkWaterblocks! :naughty:

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looks nice what I can see of it Hannes & congrats on another sponsor :D :thumb:.

9. Nutman

So, you're not supposed to be able to see the LEDs when they're turned off?

10. Hannes

Thank you bro! :)

Well, they'll be in the floor and I'm thinking of sleeving the flexlight, so I guess that you'll not be able to see it, if you don't look at it from above or some other freaky angle. :hehe:

11. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Congratulations on the new sponsor Hannes :) If you can capture the same lighting style in the case as you do in your pictures it should look utterly fantastic :)

12. Nutman

Oh, so they're not put into the floor yet?
    I thought you had only drilled half-way through to keep them from popping out when seen from above.
    Of course, this wouldn't make them illuminate the motherboard, but I thought you were going to use them for illuminating the floor - I must have misunderstood your intentions. ;)

However, very nice work. Needless to say, the photography is out of this world, I CRAVE that colour scheme and everything else seems to be very, very close to perfection.

Nice job!

13. Hannes

Hi bro! Already tested and it looks sweet. :)

If you look - I haven't painted the floor all the way out. The leds will be there. :) It'll illuminate the motherboard and the other components while also making some shadows appear, but not to many. :p

Thank you bro, much appreciated. :)

14. Nutman

Just a quick rant about the motherboard - not directed towards you, but just a teeny-weeny "WTF?" towards the manufacturer:

Why on God's earth do they try so hard to make an aesthetically appealing motherboard in white/black/red and then put GREEN (yes - GRRREEEEEN!) SMD LEDs on the motherboard here and there????? I really, really don't get it. It really baffles me! They COULD have put red or even white SMD LEDs there, but they chose green - in my eyes ruining a possibly godlike colour scheme.

Phew....

Of course, you could cover up those green LEDs, OR you could, depending on your level of freakiness (seeing how you bent that cooler without thinking twice makes me think you're pretty freaky, hehe) you could solder new LEDs on the motherboard.

Or, you could just not care. ;)

So, what will you do?

15. Hannes

I'm thinking new white leds, or removing of leds maybe. Because they somewhat disturbs the lighting effect. I'm actually have a close contact to one of the persons who have a say in ASUS ROG design. I'll forward the "rant" because I feel the same thing. Tho I do understand the reason of having those leds..

Green = Good, Red = Bad. :p

16. Nutman

Yeah, well - then they could have said "White = All good and dandy - and innocent.." and "Red = Stop the car NOW!". ;)

But it's good you're taking some action on it - not sure how important it really is to the final result. Depends on how strong the green LEDs are, I guess. Hard to tell from Youtube vids....

17. Hannes

I haven't started up the motherboard yet so I can't tell. But it would be a compromise if I didn't do anything about it. ^^,

18. Zesti

Zesti Aluminium + file

Umm, you can turn off those leds from BIOS. I just did it myself and now it doesn´s look like a christmas tree. ;) Oh, and the onboard power button with white led and reset button with red led cannot be turn off.. Luckily they look pretty good.

Also good job Hannes. :thumb:

19. Hannes

:jawdrop: Asus do think about everything, thank you for stopping me making an ass of myself. :thumb:

20. russell16688

russell16688 New Member

Brilliant looking build, keep up the good work!