1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Thermalright launches Archon SB-E 2X

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 Nov 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Why pay $100 for an air cooler in this day and age?

3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

People readily pay hundreds of dollars for water cooling, so I see no reason why they wouldn't pay just $99 for an enthusiast level air cooler - there are other extremely successful air coolers which were also around the $99 mark (Thermalright Silver Arrow, Phanteks PH14-TC14PE, Noctua NH-D14).

It'll be interesting to see how this compares to the previous revision of the Archon.

4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Setting aside the pricing/need etc for high end aircoolers this generation, that product does seem a little on the pricey side when you compare it to the others on the market. Especially considering that is the US market price directly converted into GBP and doesn't factor in the extra we have to pay for what ever reason (Vat, Import Duty, Being British etc).

The SB-E Extreme is just over £50 and change from Scan, will this really perform better than that? Very unlikely considering it uses less heatpipes and has less surface area. Sure if you are buying this you might be a bit tight for room, but shouldn't a smaller product using less materials and heat pipes be cheaper?

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Corsair h60 is less most of the time in scan sales and will likely out perform this so why bother.

6. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I'd be very surprised if the H60 out performed this to be honest, plus you don't have the risk of it pump failing or making a racket. Corsair don't exactly have the best reputation at the moment when it comes to these coolers, just hope their redesigned ones end up being better.