1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling ThermalRight XP-120 and my mobo good fit bad fit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lord nicon21, 19 Jul 2005.

1. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

right i had a look around to see if the ThermalRight XP-120 will fit my mobo after some time with google i have some pics. these pic are from http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=82&type=expert&pid=4 thank you mate.

i'v saved them and put them on my gecocite thing to should you guys.

picy 1
    picy 2
    as you can see its a tight fit and it can't go the other way round "On my particular motherboard (Asus K8N-E Deluxe), the XP-120 could only be installed one way (to avoid hitting the row of capacitors behind the CPU socket)"
    i allso have the same ram as he has :eyebrow: , so what i want to know is it a good fit or a bad fit? i have 1GB of ram so i don't thing i will need to use the 3 or the 1 ram slot. but what do you guys think :thumb:

2. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

well if thermalright says it will fit, it will fit :)
    And as the air is blown down through it I can't see any reason why fitting it only one way round would have any disadvantages.

As you can see you will only be able to use 2 sticks of ram with this heatsink. Also dosen't the memory controller get less efficiant with more than 2 sticks of ram?

3. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

do you think it might be better to go with the ThermalRight xp-90c would that fit better? and would the cooling be good

Tags: