1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermaltake Kandalf

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Froggy, 29 Jun 2005.

1. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Was thinking of getting myself one of these , and wanted to know what you guys think. I read a few reviews and they found nothing wrong. Don't say its a knock off of the coolermaster stacker, because its not even close. I'm also open to suggestions for a new case to. My biggest requirement is that it hold more than 6 hdds. My Xaser 3 currently has all 6 hard drive spaces in use. I could use my floppy bay and then the spare 5.25 bays, but i rather not. Thanks for any input. :D

2. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Despite your Thermaltake fanboyness, it's yet another knock-off of the Cooler Master Stacker, and a horrid one at that. The hole on the front is...atrocious, and the Thermaltake LCD up the front is yet another hidious, cheesy Thermaltakeism. Admitted the top mesh part is...kind've cool. I guarantee the inside is layed out horridly, it weighs a ton, and it's manufactured very well. Go with a real case :p

3. Man I saw people getting flamed all the time for liking any case by thermaltake except the tsunami (which isn't just a wavemaster rip off).

I personally love the Kandalf, and wanted one myself but I'm gonna get a Shuttle now (A bit smaller don't you think?! lol)

Hope you get it, and love it's design and functionality. Biut you have too many hard drives!! j/k

PS You getting the silver one?

4. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Just how do you work that out? :eyebrow: Adding windows and lights is the perfect definition of "ripping off" to me...

The Kandalf again, is just a perfectly good case which has been uglified with too many holes and too much plastic. It completely baffles me as to how anyone can think Thermaltake cases are anything but horrific.

5. dom_

dom_ --->

and the fact that the products are poorly made with rubbish materials doesnt help much.

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

About the only decent products TT have ever made were those smartfan II's, (except for the horrid colour). That case looks like a bad rip off of a stacker, and WTF is with all the crap stuck to it. IMHO case design has gone down the pan these past couple of years - I personally like basic, clean-looking cases with plenty of functionality. (A la Silverstone's TJ05 and TJ06 and the Chieftech BX series). Even the new LiLi's and CM's look cluttered to me, nevermind the Chenbro and similar cases...

7. Lost.Soul

Lost.Soul What's a Dremel?

I have TT Kandalf and I am ....dissapointed... the inner structure of the case is horrible... so go for a Stacker or something like that... but not for this

8. Austin

Austin Minimodder

9. olv

olv he's so bright

thermaltake cases are so ******** crap it makes me laugh. what makes me laugh even more is that people actually like them and buy them :eek: awful cases, that are just terrible rip offs of other (often already crap) cases. crap build quality, crap style, crap name. i think they are just crap.

and btw austin, why the **** must you start every single ********ing paragraph with a different smiley on every single ********ing post, its sooooo annoying.

10. Austin

Austin Minimodder

;) The answer is in the question. For each person who hates them there's also at least 1 person who finds it amusing and funny ... and I like those latter people better and enjoy annoying the former people! Gotta have a quirk.

11. I'm amused by it, am I retarded? :hehe:

don't answer that ^^

12. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

I saw a stacker in person and was entirely disappointed. The stacker is the ugliest and one of the most boring cases Ive ever seen. It looked like a large Dell. Also, i see no resemblance between the stacker and kandalf. The only thing they have in common is that they both have a lot of 5.25 bays. There have been cases that have been out for years with 8+ 5.25 bays yet you seem to forget that.
    I don't see what your talking about with "crap stuck to it". Just because it has a nice door on it does not mean its crap.

The TJ05 looks like a knock off of the Tsunami and that was a clear knock off of a Wavemaster.
    The TJ06 is just boring looking.
    The Chieftec BX looks like what happens when you mix a Zalman Resonator with a case.

The only flaw i can find with the Kandalf is that the door window isn't a delete option like in previous models. I would rather get a non-window door that looks cool.