1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Thermaltake Xpressar LOL

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 14 May 2009.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I just got this PR today and had to share.

Xpressar RCS100 - a energy saving and silent solution

They claim.

They overclock a 956XE to just 4.1GHz on phase change using just 144MHz base clock and 1.3V core voltage, then claim 44-50C is a good temperature.

Not only that but how is a phase change compressor, silent? I mean, really inaudible?

How is a compressor "energy saving" compare to just a single 120mm fan?

When they compare it to other air cooled solutions, like the Cooler Master V8 (at £56), TT say:

From above picture shown, air coolers temperature stays at 50-60 degrees when overclocking to 4Ghz, and the stress program stops after 2 or 3 hours. Which means the system is unstable; the result shows air-cooling is not a long-term solution for overclockers.

I'm pretty damn sure i7s will run happily 50-60C - you're clearly not doing it right, TT.

Xpressar RCS100 is the technology of the future, the ultimate system for overclocking. Compare to Air-cooling, Xpressar RCS100 is able to overclock and squeeze CPU’s performance to higher-level cause of the advantage of the low temperature.
    Xpressar RCS100 is available now in North/South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Oceania.Please contact the nearest distributor in your area to get this fascinates system.

And how much is a Thermaltake Xpressar?

£570

That V8 is 10x cheaper (but you don't get the case, I suppose).

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Apr 2014
  2. trig

trig god's little mistake

i love thermaltake. they try so hard to look like they rock. maybe the stress program stopped after 2 or 3 hours (love the wide margin there....2 or 3...like they forgot exactly how long it ran) because thermaltake's stress test is actually a timed race to see how long it takes those geniuses to install the different coolers.

3. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

£570!? Good grief! What I don't understand is I thought the whole point of phase change systems was to bring the temperature sub-zero, otherwise they were hugely (even more so than usual) inefficient. Shouldn't that be -44 to -50 degrees? And it's not silent, they always sound like what they are, which is a fridge.

4. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

"From above picture shown, air coolers temperature stays at 50-60 degrees when overclocking to 4Ghz, and the stress program stops after 2 or 3 hours. Which means the system is unstable; the result shows air-cooling is not a long-term solution for overclockers."

Maybe they unplug the fans after 3 hrs :), for almost £600, I'd rather buy some LN2 and a pair of gloves, afterward I could make some instant ice-cream, yum.