1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling THG Watercooling video: the truth or commercial?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by relix, 22 Aug 2002.

1. relix

relix Minimodder

http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/02q3/020701/index.html

A video of "the perfect watercooling system", using "the best components available". Is what they say in this video/article the truth, or did they receive a bribe from Innovatek? IMHO they're using a lot of innovatek's equipment. I'm not saying Innovatek is bad or something, but I just want to have confirmation that this is idd a very very good watercooling setup from someone who knows about this stuff.

2. Risky

Risky Modder

The innovoteck blocks do seem to score highest od the german blocks in tests but a suspect a longer (2x120mm rad would be more efficient.

3. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

This is my personal opinion, but I'd trust THG as far as I could throw em.

4. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 22 Aug 2002
  5. Risky

Risky Modder

6. relix

relix Minimodder

hehehe I don't need no UK supplier for this stuff, as germany is next to belgium! Finally, an advantage to "not living in the UK or the USA"

7. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

blah blah blah.......i only trust tests from places where i know the people....first of all they show as.....they didnt use as.....no temps shown.....didnt tell about any bleading process.....looks like tubing looks odd....article looks extremely incomplete......im not makin any claims about the hardware but the article itself is what i dont like.....they need to EXPLAIN what EACH PEICE IS for christs sake......they take a what seems to be a good kit with a semi good video adn butcha the article......makes me real mad when people do that......

i wont say anything about "truth or commercial" part cause unless u can prove something theres no reason to spread rumors....like u guys know i dont like och and i think they are scum.....but i can show u people whove had problems with them, and i can show u parts of their site that are truly bumish.....see the difference?

Last edited: 22 Aug 2002
  8. relix

relix Minimodder

It's just they say that it's the ultimate watercooling setup (not in that article, but in the article about the XP2600+), and I don't think it's possible to get an ultimate watercooling setup from a kit. Besides, I said: "I'm not saying Innovatek is bad or something, but I just want to have confirmation that this is idd a very very good watercooling setup from someone who knows about this stuff." which means I don't know **** I just want confirmation.

9. weazel666

weazel666 What's a Dremel?

mm they didn't mention dry runs 1st or have any hose clips if you where using the elbow joints, from what i could see the fitings on th block if linked in seris with no elbow joints in use would be ok, but they didn't have any clips anyhow, what happends if ur pipes decide to get warm and soft? they mentioned they had some funny gadget to tell u when the pump is not working, but you are cooling quite alot of stuff with a small rad there, in a hot climate i recon the water could get pritty warm :- and so pipes are likley to get soft,which are always more likley to slip off ... well if ur using a 1046 ehiem i recon they would .. i know they only used it for there test but is that the one in the kit? it is the most powerfull one isn't it .. if i remember correctly? ..

overall it looked ok .. rad does look a bit small for what there trying to cool .. they did miss alot of stuff out tho .. generalised stuff really .... i didn't see the vid .. it's 17 meg .. sack that

10. 8-BALL

8-BALL Theory would dictate.....

1046 is the weak one I think

then 1048 then 1250

11. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

the kit itself as i said looks pretty good.....ive seen some other places that i semi trust *atleast i trust them wayyyy more then thc* that they get pretty good temps with low power pumps.....it used to be just brute force cooling....push as much water as possible at a block to get it to transfer heat......not its much more controled and the designs are farrr better......no need for those huge 1250s unless ur cooling ALOT of blocks and have a radiator housed in another case or something......just look at their flow......with like what 4 blocks? *cpu, gpu, chipset, hd*

i would go for it....the radiator is pretty good from what ive seen of its specs.....not sure on the recommended air flow *freakin compaines dont check their emails!!!!*

if u do get it dont forget to check back with some pics =)

12. relix

relix Minimodder

Thanks Haddy, I think when I'm going wc I'll buy this kit, but with a larger rad and faster pump. And I don't like the HDD-cooler either as you need another 5"-bay instead of being able to use the hidden 3.5"-bays. Anyone any links to good HDD-waterblocks?

13. weazel666

weazel666 What's a Dremel?

ah yeah 1046 is slowest one .. i was thinking of the 1060 .. doh:rolleyes:

14. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

HDD's don't need waterblocks unless they are 10k rpm scsi drives IMO

15. relix

relix Minimodder

for extra protection fo data? especially if they're in some sort of housing to reduce noise (like the ones found at quietpc.com)

16. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

cases dont need a different layer of paint either =) but we put it on.....even at 10k or 15k rpm they still can run fine without wc cooling....mostly braggin rights.....also it might give u a few extra days of the hard drive in the long run...

17. relix

relix Minimodder

errr...howcome in the netherlands Innovatek is called Klax? Here's a dutch vendor of those kits, just like under "waterkoeling" and then "complete sets" (it's javascript'd so no direct link :sigh: ): http://www.xxlcases.nl/

18. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

Do not get a Northbridge cooling block. It's pointless and restricts flow for no benefit.

19. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

but u get 1 extra mhz outa ur cpu!!!

20. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

I know this is an old thread, but what a crock of S***. the rad goes to the northbridge then the cpu - wrong.

No testing methods, results or anything to back what they are saying. It is the worst type of comersialised review that only belittles sites.

I could be unkind and comment that they do this with german products - did so with the silverado. I wonder on the nationalities of the writers Frank Völkel and Bert Töpelt. I wonder who sponsored the video.

I do hate it when this happens.

Tags: