1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Thief PC specs revealed, include Mantle support

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 20 Jan 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

This game is being built in Unreal Engine 3 is it not? Meaning that it'll basically run on a five year old rig if you don't mind turning the detail down form 'ultra' to 'high', and regardless of the detail setting every texture in the game will appear to be covered in very shiny gel?

Also, typo in the last line of the story ;)

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Is there? <goes to look> Oh, aye, didn't press the Y key hard enough in 'February.' Fixed, ta!

4. Shirty

5. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Will launch before bf4 patch at the rate its going. Pretty much shirty.

UE 4 is available to develop for as Solus has shown. Solus looks amazing in some of the screens ive seen.

Thief just needs to be as half as good as the orginal to be pretty good game we shall see I guess.

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

:eek:

8. Gareth Halfacree

I'm blaming this knackered knuckle on my right hand. Got a shiny new (well, second-user) keyboard on the way, though, to see if that improves matters at all. Will be sad to retire the trusty old Model F, mind!

9. Shirty

The Model F will never retire, it just won't be used any more. After the apocalypse, the Model F will be one of the few identifiable items littering the scorched surface of the Earth.

10. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

After the invasion of the Radeons...:worried: "INCOMING" :D

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

me thinks DICE are more worried about fixing the one or 2 hundred bugs than launching a patch for the game engine right now....

12. Eriol

Eriol What's a Dremel?

It's using its own fork of UE3 and is obviously heavily modified. There's no guarantees it'll run smooth or have much similarities with any other UE3 game. Especially since it's done for next gen consoles and PC only.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

Game is perfectly playable these days since last patch actually, Not hard any widespread issues and forums are alot happier these days.

Played 4hrs straight last night on clan server map rotation 64 player and no crashes to report so id say its good to go.

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

apparently the posters at EA forums disagree ;)

15. Shirty

I was being rather facetious, I'd have thought my choice of words would have left that in no doubt! However bear in mind that the minimum specs for running this is still only a dual core with GTS250 or similar (roughly equivalent to an 8800 Ultra in terms of grunt). So it'll be playable on roughly 5 year old hardware, albeit at reduced settings. It certainly isn't going to break any new graphical boundaries even with all the eye candy cranked.

But none of this will matter if it captures the atmosphere and playability of the original games. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it fares.

16. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Honestly, I couldn't believe my mate had been stealing during his job as a road worker, but when I got to his house all the signs were there

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

the UE3 engine actually supported PhysX on aegia cards....I wonder if it`ll be the same with thief?