1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Things that make you go...ARRGGHH!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 10 Feb 2012.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Done:

[​IMG]

Sloth likes this.
  2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Me gusta! Your body better be ready.

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

1) Sloth goes to KidMod's profile, very excited.
    2) Sloth checks KidMod's age, even more excited than before.
    3) Sloth sees KidMod's age:

[​IMG]

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

People that continually publicly post warnings and edits instead of keeping it to PMs. In RED too.

Sorry but it gets me, I've only been back on the forum after a long month for less than 15 minutes and seen this red text of yours multiple times.

But whatever, I think black text would suffice.

5. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

It's good to see that the forum is being policed and it shows those that are annoyed by posts that something is being done.

6. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

But red's soooo much more distinctive Canon ;)

On topic: Nails and panel pins. specifically:

1) the ones that bounce off into oblivion until you kneel down somewhere!
    2) the bent variety
    3) the ones that duck the hammer, in favour of my thumb :(

Teelzebub likes this.
  7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil New Member

Red text = moderator, it's so you can differentiate between the OP's original text and anything a moderator has written ( as a warning or edit etc ). Normally people see red text in their post straight away as a warning to be heeded...

Better than some forums I know- your whole post gets deleted or severely edited and the only hint is "last edited by Mr.Moderator" underneath the post ( regardless of whether the content needed moderating or not- stay away from r/c manufacturer forums if you have an honest opinion to share... ).

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

14? Yeah, you're a little past prime.

:hehe:

My Arrrrgggg! of the day: Trying to make a purchase worth $2.07, finding only $2 in my wallet, then being told there's a $5 minimum limit for debit cards. No donation jar in sight to pilfer, cashier won't accept $2. I now have a month's supply of chewing gum to meet the debit limit.

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Exactly. If I say:

That means that I would like you to stop something. If I say:

That means that I have to ask you to stop something, and if you do not I will give you an infraction or ban you.

As Neil points out, it's also so that people notice it's not just a mod playing around with their post, or even to avoid them not noticing at all. Sometimes warnings need to be public, and sometimes it's appropriate that they're private. Both are used.

10. Nexxo

Nexxo Queue Jumper

Actually we have always edited posts that cross the line, and we have always used red text to indicate that this is a moderator warning. I also use blue for moderator comments that are not warnings but e.g. information or help. The reason we do this is so people can see whether what we post is in our capacity of fellow forum member, just contributing to the thread, or in our capacity as moderator, well, moderating the thread.

Given that people have been asking for rules to be made clearer, we think that PMs would sometimes not be as useful. Smart people learn from others' mistakes.

EDIT: darn, ninja'd by spec.

11. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Things that make me go ARGH......being ninja'd lol

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

But why do the rest of us need to see that, when with a PM, the user you want to tell gets a notification, a PM (heck, you could even do your pm in red text, if it really gets you going) and the rest of us don't get an education. Besides, most people don't notice the "edited by" addition to most posts, so this means no stupid questions from the rest of us for example "What was it you removed, oh please tell us, because we can see that it was ________ and thats why you removed it, but oh please, what exactly did they say?"

Also, the people who now have this red text on their posts aren't going to be too proud of it, infact some possibly might even be ashamed, which may or may not be your intention due to the nature of their original posts, but a PM gets that across without leaving it for public viewing.

13. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

As I said previously, it is good to see when posts are modified or deleted and the reasons for the edit. I wouldn't want to be on a forum where posts just disappear with no reason...

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

They do here, if they're just nonsense. I'm with the mods on this one. It hasn't been all that common until now, but I would much rather see posts being edited with red moderator text than just disappearing completely. The issue came up not long ago - in both the marketplace and the "What do you look like" thread, posts were deleted by moderators because they were deemed not to be related to the topic of discussion, and just filling the thread with spam.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo Queue Jumper

Why do we have public reprimands?

So that other members can see by example what is acceptable and what is not;
    So that other members can see that transgressions are moderated.

Sometimes boundaries need to be seen to be maintained.

16. Tibby

Tibby Technologic

Ontopic: Working in an office with b0rked heating, so it's 27 degrees in here!

Had a cheeky McFlurry run for everyone, but it's like sitting in a sauna!

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

On topic: Working on stupidly outdated hardware which takes ten times longer to do anything simple. Case in point: Password recovery on a Cisco Soho 97 router, setting up said router on a fixed IP address connection and getting it to work with a silly, ancient 3COM WAP and an old HP Jetdirect print server. The cost of my time involved for all of the above far outweighs what it would cost to 1) Buy a decent new 802.11N router 2) Buy an easily configurable, reliable Edimax USB print server and 3) Have me install and set up both in a matter of minutes. One hour tops.

AARRRGGGHHH. I even had to boot up an ancient XP machine with IE5 (you read it right, Internet Explorer FIVE) to use the CRWS software on the Cisco... after having reset the password and re-enabled the (for some reason downed) Ethernet interface in the console :sigh:

One of those days :grr:

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

+1.

19. The RAM

The RAM Member

The price of motorbike tyres...
    This essay plan I have to do for tomorrow...
    This composition I have to do for tomorrow...
    Being disorganised...

(The overuse of ...)

20. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Things that make you go arrgh?

• That my existence is tied to the passage of time and that one day I simply will not be.
    • Trying to work out whether there will be a time when time itself ceases to exist.
    • Or for that matter, what was there before the beginning of time.
    • And while I'm at it, the Big Bang theory. I mean, if there's nothing, and no time, how can you have an explosion event?
    • Being in bed at 3am with the light on, hugging the cat because my mind won't shut up about time.
    • Also.
    • Being a pirate makes me yarr.