1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Things to do in Salisbury when you're dead (or otherwise)

Discussion in 'General' started by Rum&Coke, 8 Dec 2008.

1. Rum&Coke

Rum&Coke What's a Dremel?

I've recently got a provisional offer for a graduate position working for the MOD in Salisbury, I've got to wait about 3months for security checks but since it's been about 1month already I'm assuming they've not found any espionage convictions and I'll be moving down in late January from Glasgow. I don't actually know much of anything about how England works, I think how you guys pay for your water is different or something? Anyway, has anyone got any suggestions of places to check out in Salisbury or is anyone else a Scot-Eng or an Eng-Scot ex-pat and noticed any bizzare differences I should be appraised of?

2. SJH

SJH Minimodder

Avebury and Stonehenge are pretty much right on your doorstep. I suggest paying them a visit.

3. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

Yargh, I moved to Derby for Glasgow a couple of months ago.

You don't just pay a flat rate for water, it's metered, so say goodbye to an hour in the shower. And the water isn't even tasty.

Also, sunday trading laws mean shops only open for 6 hours on a sunday, which is quite frankly 3rd world, if I want to go to 24hr tescos on a sunday evening to do my weekly shop, I should be able to.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You can ask the water company to put you on a flat rate, it's just that most people find it cheaper to have a meter. :)

I quite like the Sunday opening hours, it brings a sense of weekend to a pretty much 24hr world.