1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Thinking about a third monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neogumbercules, 22 Feb 2015.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Hi all. I've got some money to spend thanks to Uncle Sam's tax refund. 90% of it is going into savings but I'm sitting some "fun money" and I've been batting around some ideas to spend it on.

I've thought about getting another Dell P2314H, bringing my monitor total up to 3. I would use this for eyefinity gaming and I suppose it would come in handy when doing CAD work at home as well.

Anyone here using 3 monitors have any thoughts? Particularly when playing games? Does it have a substantive impact on immersion and enjoyment? I know I'll take a performance hit for sure. Just looking for some opinions.

2. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

If you plan on doing a lot of work, that involves multiple documents, spreadsheets or terminal windows - it's dead handy. Day to day average stuff will probably amount to little more than 3 monitors of p0rn.

3. Neogumbercules

SOLD

4. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

i have 3 22in 1080p and is great for day to day stuff

5. Craig_T

Craig_T What's a Dremel?

It seems I wasn't even thinking of getting 3 monitors.. But, well.. I'm sold too!

6. Neogumbercules

Late update. I managed to wrangle my Wife's monitor (DellU2311h) and hooked it up with my other two monitors. Overall, wasn't worth it.

The performance hit at 5760x1080 was bad
    Most games didn't work or required edits/mem hacks to get it to work
    Games that did work perfectly (Far Cry 4) did nothing for me. Didn't make it more immersive, didn't add anything to the experience.

Overall I'm glad I didn't go for a third monitor. That's my two cents.