1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling thinking aobut getting into water cooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darkhunter, 19 Sep 2004.

1. darkhunter

darkhunter What's a Dremel?

i thinking about water colling my computer my only problem is room for the radaitor i am looking for at least a 120 milfan on it

i have a thermaltake lanfire case

2. OneMadPoptart

OneMadPoptart What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure you can fit a 120mm radiator in the bottom front of the case where the intake fans are. Another popular option is mounting the radiator on the top of the case in/behind the topmost 5.25 bays.

Check out the extreme kooling case gallery sticky located -->HERE<-- and see if you see anything that looks interesting and plausable for your setup.

-OMP

3. kbn

kbn What's a Dremel?

Another option is the way I have mine - whihc is perfect for cases that have any kind of raised feet.
    First you need to move all your drives up to your 5 1/4 bays, there better up there anyway.
    Then get a hole cut the size of your radiator in the bottom of the case, near the front.
    Cover this with some kind of dust filter if you want one.

The rad then rests on the bottom of the case - which is the lowest point so easy to get all the air out of them. Either bolt it down with some kind of shroud or duct tape.

Then stick the fans on top of the rad, sucking air through it.

Ideal case for this is lianli pc70 esp if the rads your using a very wide (like my heatercores).
    This way you dont need a grill on the bottom, and its not visible so you dont see big fan holes on the front of the case.
    Also you can quite easly cut the holes yourself, as you wont be able to see them, you can get nibbler tools from rapidelectronics.co.uk which are perfect for cutting rad-sized holes.

4. darkhunter

darkhunter What's a Dremel?

thanks all i gonna check the demisions of my casefirst and see if i have room so can mount it on bottom if not top of case if i find a way to make it look right
    no all i need is a way to pay for all of this

thanks agian all

5. Brew

Brew What's a Dremel?

Even though it woudl complicate the loop a little bit, you could downsize to twin 80mm rads, they might be easier to place, I know a massive 120 (like mine) can become awkward sometimes.

Brew

6. kbn

kbn What's a Dremel?

You should try mounting two 200mm2 rads in the same case :p

Tags: