1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Thinking of a tattoo? Do you like them?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 15 Jan 2011.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I mean't he charges for design work if i went in with nothing no pictures or idea he is a one man band and so if he is helping me design something everyone else has to wait because he is the tattoist aswell going in there and just generally speaking about it is obviously not charged but if i book and appointment for designing and doing it then thats going to cost

I saw his work its on his site he has alot of good stuff and all very high quality i plan to go in with a very detailed idea on what i want and im sure if its worth his while then he is going to be up for helping out as much as possible, if i went in with no clue on a cheap ass tattoo then you can understand not being that into helping me when theres a guy planning a full sleeve with a pocket full of notes

Im hoping eventually i'll have enough research and designs and maybe even a hand sketch of roughly how i want it to look and take it in then just say to alter it how he thinks works it won't be more than 1 hour i don't think for him just to say "Yeh i would move this or make this bigger" i need to be comfortable myself before i go there anyway :D

http://18tolifetattoo.com/

2. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

Actually, I'm already planning to have tattoo on my upper arm this summer and looking for some cool designs to put on.. keep it coming guys..

3. DeadP1xels

4. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

wow that's some impressive stuff...his colour work is pretty amazing

5. DeadP1xels

yeh some of the tattoos i have seen around i did read about people coming from distance to get it done by him so he seems pretty reputable

6. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

True, but just because someone smokes you can't be stereotypical and say that they're a bad person. I know a lot of smokers and they're great people. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo some time in the future, I can't see anything wrong with them unless you cover your body with them and stick roses on your arse.

7. DeadP1xels

I think they have become defiantely more accepted now as something good rather than bad you can see the meaning in some that you see

Its not something im really worried what people think i don't think im going to look any different than anyone else with a tattoo im thinking about aesthetics and positioning more so it does'nt look gawdy and in your face i would understand if it was'nt just a tattoo say if i had 10 piercings in my face and orange hair course somebody is going to think im a bit odd im trying to hard etc.

I don't see it any different than doing anything else to my body i would certainly get more looks if i dyed my hair bright green or something but that has no significance or meaning atleast if someone really had a problem with it i could explain its meaning, again justifying it with a meaning is not the only reason im getting it ofcourse its for aesthetics else it would be on my heel or something out of the way course i want it to be seen someway or another, its just something i want

8. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

A tattoo is your piece. Remember that, These days few people won't question it... I get questions all the time about my right arm one depending on where I am! Unless you've got a douchebag tattoo of 9mm pistols or something on your chest, or look like one of these retards who has stars, MCR lyrics on you or whatever... I don't think you've got an issue.

Although if I see you getting Tribal DP... I'm going to come down there with a sword and make you suffer... tribal tat's are awful.

9. DeadP1xels

true is that! tribal is the worst **** ever

Besides theres alot of things people will judge you on these days

i was sitting down today and this old couple were whispering about this younger girl because she had some gum, then when she went because somebody called her name they judged her on that like she was scum

I was so close to saying something to them but somebody my age shouting at some pensioners probebly would'nt have looked good

As BRAWL said its your piece i guess it does'nt have to be anything if it means something to you

10. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

QFT!!!!

Getting a new one on thursday will put up images later

11. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

The older generation judge to hastily. I used to work in a front faced customer service role. Now I've got a 6mm flesh tunnel, tattoo's and long hair and would get the grumble from afar. But I've instantly reversed that with my polite and caring attitude when im at work, hell I'm one of the people who says "morning" when you make eye-contact with someone on saturday morning (Even when hungover buddy!)

Prejudgements will happen regardless DP, it's a fact of life. Plenty are made about the fact I live up to my name of "BRAWL" in person. I.e. Walking tank who drinks rum alot and talks about WINNING! but it doesn't matter. I know me, and my friends and family know me. Simplez.

haha no it wouldn't... if you annoyed with the older generation (and not all of them are bad) speak to them, just say "Don't worry, we aren't all x, y or z" I have, and it's amazing the response you can get :)

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Fact of the matter is that absolutely ANYTHING you do to your exterior gets you judged in some or other way.
    Long hair? Earrings? Other piercings? Clothes?
    Tattoos just add to that.

If you're willing to put up with that (and it's largely less than people make it out to be - Tats are "hip" right now), then go ahead.
    It also doen't matter WHAT you tattoo on yourself, as long as you wear the f*** out of it. Let people judge if they will. If you can't carry your head high with the tatt, don't do it.
    A tattoo that's not "you" is worthless, and a fashion tatt. People see the difference.

I have two tatts. One is a religious mockery (of more than one religion - it's on the board here somewhere, and I got plenty of idiot-calling for it here already), and the other one is two pinups with the words "Shake before use" between them on my lowe belly.

Both of them may seem silly, knee-jerky, immature or even sh*t-stirring to some people.
    They do however both bear DEEP personal meaning to me, and people that know me know that side of me as well.

I have accepted the fact that some people judge me on my tatts, and I have had enough common sense to not strutt them at work (management in an audit firm).
    They're however part of me, and signify personality traits of myself that I would never want to forget. They remind me of lost firends, of good times, of bad times, and of memories that I MAY not forget.

So to all thsoe judgers: "F*** you. Deal with it. Get over yourself."
    You don't liek my tattoos? I don't like your hairstyle. Difference being I don't feel the need to tell you, and as such don't make a complete 'tard out of myself.

13. DeadP1xels

Thats cool man! i agree about the judging on anything even i do it without realizing.

Ultimately its what i feel comfortable having done... i've said that if i don't have something other than "it looks cool" as justifcation then i won't bother until i have something better, this is something i have to life with maybe i might never find something who knows.

Thing is im the kind of guy that does'nt show of my arms or body for that matter because well its not that impressive, the only consideration for me at the moment is the impression its going to give (future employment) and the space im taking up for future tattoos 80% of the year my arms are covered that other 20% is hot summers days and being at home.

as i said positioning is the biggest problem so far heres like 1% of the questions i have to ask myself

Left forearm
    1) Is it going to be easy to cover
    2) The left forearm is where i would want a full sleeve in the future so would i be able to work around it
    3) Would i want more than 1 of my arms with tattoos? i mean i love full sleeves but im not sure i would want two full myself so maybe design something to work into a sleeve for the future kind of build on it 1 tattoo at a time?

Right
    1) Do i really want it to be shown all the time seeming i write etc with the right hand?

Thats just a few big questions about positioning for me..

14. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I get the same "Why have your tattoo if no-one can read it?

*ahem* I can, whats your problem?

I share your views... it's my body, my tattoo, my understand, my philosophy so put up and shut up.

15. DeadP1xels

Had a brain wave of another idea

I have been a music fan from when young mainly metal lover my favourite band when i was 10 was slipknot when everyone else was into Pop and that kinda stuff

I remeber seeing Miami ink where bam margera got the skateboard deck design on his arm [​IMG] just that guitar

I was thinking of maybe something like that but a real guitar possibly some text on the fret board.... one of my ideas was just some text on the inside of my forearm or across the line of my forearm (if that makes any sense....) i think this done right would look pretty cool! replace the body of the guitar with something else maybe but make it still look like a guitar...

Another idea i guess just thought i would share that im getting a notepad and crap tommorow to write all this stuff down draw up some ideas so i can develop what i want for however long it takes till im happy could be months could be years im willing to wait for something perfect

16. KidMod-Southpaw

If it's a good tattoo, it says who YOU are. I'll be getting a tattoo when I get older and following on from Brawl, I'm growing my hair. Nothing wrong with, I'll always have the view that today's society is bad. Get sucked in and you'll fell self conscious and follow the herd of arses...

17. el2k

el2k Modder

I've read this thread and there is indeed a lot of information in here for you DP.

Mainly, do it for the right reasons, For yourself. Don't worry about anyone or anything else. Just do it for you, For the reasons YOU want to.

On a side note... this dude got his arm bitten off by a shark and then got this done... He pretty much rules at life in my eyes.

[​IMG]

18. DeadP1xels

Yep Totally

I've defiantely become much more concience of my looks lately but more that im dressing how i want to dress and saying **** everyone else without me knowing i was conforming to what everyone wanted me to look like because i was uncomfortable with changes

Im doodling on some paper the guitar idea it defiantely has some potential to be a unique tattoo music is my first love so i think its fitting this is one of the most important parts im finding im copying to much from the internet i want to take something and make it my own i have some wicked cool ideas on what i could do maybe if i can sketch some things up i will scan some stuff in to see what you guys think

Again just ideas im nowhere close to getting anything im pretty set on forearm so its a space i don't want to waste and so if i can take time and put as much detail in there without going overboard then that would be awesome

19. KidMod-Southpaw

Nice one DP, do what you want, I'm now growing my hair and I don't give a **** what anyone says. Get a tattoo mate, and get one that means something to you.

20. DeadP1xels

One thing that pisses me off is how i don't care what anyone thinks they do what they want

But i still have to consider employment i reckon my current employer would understand but getting another job im not so sure

Maybe i should get "Only God can judge me" somewhere then if anyone gets assy about it i can basically say **** off :) like a guy said to me who got that (he is not that religous) like me Only God can judge him nobody else has the right, don't judge a book by its cover and all and if there was a god and he did'nt accept it maybe thats a god you won't want to follow

Who knows its annoying its something i have to consider.... its all well and good saying these things but if i got turned down for a job because i had a tattoo on my forearm it might screw me over...