1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Thinking of a tattoo? Do you like them?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 15 Jan 2011.

1. Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666 What's a Dremel?

i got 12 so yea i love tattoos currently having a full sleeved designed. even have squirrel down my ribcage god that hurt.

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Yeh i hear the ribcage hurts i imagine something like the collar would hurt alot aswell especially if like me you have annoying weird sticky out collar bones

I have a pretty high pain threshold atleast i would say i do what i consider warm people scold there hands on probebly because my hands have been put through so much trauma i don't really know what to expect but i can live with pain for something like this.

Mini update: Whats annoying me is im finding it really hard which kinda path to take first? theres so much i like, japanese art and such its just what to look into first what to focus on not what to settle on but to see and be able to go get books on and really read about.

Im don't want to get say a script arm band and then one day get japanese somewhere on that arm and not be able to tie things together.... you know... its not that big a deal but i just would'nt want a mish mash if i was going for a sleeve i would want to stick to one thing but do it in parts e.g get a tattoo added every year maybe less maybe more then one day tie it all together Koi, Dragon, Hanya, Waves whatever.... (just examples)

Part of me thinks its probebly smart to start at the top of the arm of my shoulder and work down at EXTREME WORST get a 3/4 sleeve to avoid problems with employment enough that i can show it off and appreciate it but not so much its in peoples face and making me unemployable or regret using that space.

I don't have a big ego i don't walk around on summers days with my shirt off so something like that i would never see me regretting its just nothing i would see 24/7 like on my forearm. not so much i would'nt want to have something on my forearm but more i took up that space early on in my life as i said i only ever plan for one sleeve maybe that might change but im not sure

I could do my back its empty blank and a boring area of the body not a chance i would regret that if i found an awesome piece of art you would be a massive canvas :) thing about that is again its a big piece of the body if i want to do it i would want to do it right and that would be 90% of the space on my back with something good

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The back has spots that hurt like a motherf***er on it as well.

From what I hear and have experienced, it's pretty much side of the ribcage, back, lower stomach on hipbones, in descending order of pain.

No matter how high your pain threshold is, nothing preps you for a tattoo.
    Even when you get a second or a third one you're still pretty unprepared, as every spot on your body feels different.

Where is always a difficult one, and with me, all the spopts are chosen together with the tatt.
    When I think of the tatt, I know where it should go, and that plays as much role in the meaning as the ink itself...

Tattooing is a journey. The pain, the judging, the pictures... all of it... a life long journey. If you're not willing to commit - don't.

4. DeadP1xels

Im willing to commit but if it mean't the chance of me getting a job is lower then its alot to consider

One day i hope to be my own boss and then its up to me

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yup... that's another consideration. Hence me not having the sleeves yet that I want. That and Money... ;)

6. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

im gonna get the bioshock chain tattoos on my wrists for a few reasons. 1 i love the symbolism.(no matter what, you are a slave to some degree, no one, or at least very few people do i consider truly free). and 2, the irony of me declaring freedom from my parents to do my own thing by getting a tattoo of chains just seems epic to me. also, bioshock is probably my favorite game since Zelda

7. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Oh dear... I saw the words "Parents" and "freedom" and thought of "Rebel without a cause". Please make sure you're not going to regret them... my friend has an inverted cross on his wrist that, well makes him look like a KKK member these days.

8. chimmy09

I wont regret them.

to clarify a bit, I'm 20 now, and my parents still treat me like I'm 16 or 17, Which I feel is ********. I am far more responsible than anyone else my age. I go to school for over 40 hours a week, and work at least 30 hours a week. I don't smoke, do drugs, or drink.

edit: some examples of my "lack of freedom"
    I have to pretend to believe in god for them because if my mom knew the truth she would probably cry.
    My parents don't even know what kind of music I listen to, because they would probably think I was going to go and become a mass murderer if they heard some of it.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

No to sound weird here, but it seems to me that you need to sit down with your folks and have a proper herat to heart.
    I did that with my folks, and ever since then (while they were shocked at first) they leave me alone with some of the BS i didn't want to deal with, and (suirprise) - they still treat me like their son...

10. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I.e. you're me two years ago.

Don't get a tattoo for those reasons under any circumstances.

11. DeadP1xels

You should'nt have faith forced on you as long as your understanding of peoples believes there should be no problems, if you're one of those guys thats not willing to take anybodys opinions or believes into consideration then you could make some bad situations with your parents

Me and my family went out one night and we all had something to drink so after that we normally put the worlds to rights to my surpise 2 of my siblings said outright they don't believe in god and are atheist my sister firstly said she did'nt believe but then changed it to she wants there to be a god and i said i have faith there is a god and an afterlife and that one day i HOPE (key word there)will meet my family members i have lost its a nice feeling even if its not going to happen.

I willing to accept a god but i need more proof so i guess im agnostic...

we all respect what we believe in (my mother not so much as she is a firm believer but not hugely religous) and you should be the same

The music bit is hugely unusual my family know im a metal head and always will be they have an intresting way of describing the sound of it :eyebrow: but hey everybody is different and thats whats so great about it, i think you need to show your parents you're an adult now and whatever decisions you make are for you to make.

As for the tattoo i see were you're coming from but it sounds more out of spite than true meaning to you, i may be a massive hypocrite for saying it but if it means something to you why not do what makes you happy.

12. chimmy09

I gave religion a chance though, im not just being a closed minded jerk. Also, Ive wanted the chain tattoos for over 2 years now, the reasons i put in the first place just kind of reinforced the relevance(in my mind)

13. DeadP1xels

Thats fine you should'nt have to pretend for your family though

Cool stuff update in this thread if you get any further with the tattoo :)

14. Squirrel-666

i have a panther on the groin that was painfull,ribs painfull as hell id rather shatter me kneecap again haha.my back didnt hurt at all and the 1 on my leg took 4 and a half hours had the lot done in 1 sitting and cost me the best part of 40 quid in colour :D
    all in all all of my tats bar ribs and groin barley even hurt more like a warm stinging feeling.

15. DeadP1xels

Just out of curiousity for anyone to answer this

Whats the biggest tattoo you have and roughly how much did it cost?

Just getting an idea for it

16. Squirrel-666

biggest i got is this and cost me £40 thou by a close friend and took 4 and a half hours in 1 sitting :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this i think is my 2nd biggest.
    [​IMG]

17. DeadP1xels

£40 for 4.5 hour sitting? your friend must have patience

Im expecting dependant on my size to be spending alot more than that (obviously i have no tattoo artist friend :( )

Been researching japanese art all day theres alot to see and i have always had a fascination for the culture same with my brother (he was really into martial arts) so he had a massive collection of traditional japanese stuff COVERING his room it was all one theme

The thing about that is trying to keep it all traditional im not sure how that would work out i would want it all the same together not half assed

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Big one I have is the one on my stomach.
    full width of my body, about 20cm high. All black and grey.
    took around 4 hours. Paid for it? Normal price would've been between 3500 and 4000 NAD (300-360 quid your money).
    The missus gave it to me as a BDay pressie though, and we know the Tatt artist and party with him quite regularly, so it ended up being about half of that.

19. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Got a new tat last night.

[​IMG]

20. DeadP1xels

Cool! does it have any meaning or just something you wanted??

I've seen a pretty cool samurai design i like not traditional japanese art though which kinda sucks

I want a sleeve eventually on the same arm but thinking of sticking to a theme is hard i could just go crazy but would it work in the future im not sure some people just have that kind of talent to make all there tattoos work