1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of my 1st Water Cooling build

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by nescafe, 7 Aug 2019.

1. nescafe

nescafe Member

Evening chaps. I have built a few pcs now over the years and I'm now thinking of dipping my toe into water cooling. Trouble is I never had any experience in water cooling although I do currently run a kraken x62. So my question is ... Is there anywhere I can read up and get all the info I need? ie what brands to stay away from?.... what's parts do you need?
    Thanks in advance

2. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

Someone here had a video showing a full watercooled build - that's the how; what to use I'll leave to those with actual experience in the field.

EDIT:
    Just to verify I DID see it here, this is the post from the Modding Forum...

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

How much are you willing to spend and what are you wanting to cool? I have a old watercooling how to somewhere, really old but was really popular, give it a search.

Edit: Here it is, oldie but a goodie :)

4. nescafe

nescafe Member

I already have a suitable case and I'm wanting to cool my 7700k and gtx1080ti. Not sure on how much I want to spend yet though. Put it this way though. I don't want to spend money on a system and then wish I spent more if you know what I mean. lol

5. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

If you get new stuff, it's not cheap. You need: pump, reservoir, radiator(s), block(s), fans, fittings and tubing. Probably about £400-500 depending on component choices.

I can highly recommend Watercool blocks. Superb build quality and outstanding performance. They're reservoirs are really cool too, but pricey.

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I just basically rebuild my whole loop (only meant to do part, and slipped to doing it all) and it cost around £500. CPU block: ~£60, GPU block ~£100, Radiator ~£100-£115, Pump&Res £115, fittings £50, tubing £20, fluid £10 (for premixed premium stuff), angled fittings £4-6 each, you'll want a few to make life easdier and the loop prettier, better fans upto £30 a fan. Honestly its a slippery slope, but really worth it!

8. nescafe

nescafe Member

Thanks for the links and info chaps.

9. NadavBee

NadavBee New Member

What are you trying to cool?

10. nescafe

nescafe Member

cpu only at the moment