1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU This guy is a scammer Do not buy from him i7 3800k does not exsist

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by numanoid, 19 Jul 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

No, it states:
    So there's '3' chips advertised there... What is a 990X+? What is a 2600K+?

Also, why is the seller renaming a CPU? I'm pretty sure that's not allowed through some copyright/patent type stuff.

2. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

But is a 3900k a real chip that intel sell? NO! Or just some name made up by an ebay seller? seriously go away now

3. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Ok... so we're all aware that said CPU doesn't exist. So why are we arguing about two people who aren't really part of this community as a whole... they're trolling, Aren't we supposed to be getting back to moral and rightous Bit-Tech and not allowing these two a room to get jiggy with it?

That being said, you're both retards, get out.

4. thetrashcanman

two? who's the other one? But yeah + 1 to this :)

5. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

You have completely missed the point here too.

1) putting 1.5v through a 2nd gen Core i5/i7 WILL kill it, it is exceptionally high, the only people I would ever expect to see do that is extreme overclockers using LN2 or other exotic cooling.

2) He's selling them saying they run at 5.1GHz at TJ max, that is 100c, even if it could handle the voltage that kind of heat for any sustained period WILL kill it.

3) He is selling goods that anybody with half decent CPU knowledge knows the chip will live a very short amount of time if it lives at all. Overclocking is dangerous and what he is selling is exactly what people are told not to do, not because of any standard practise, but because people know it WILL die very quickly.

4) He is falsely advertising a chip model which doesn't exist AT ALL. Models that have never existed. At auctions why should people buy things that aren't actually what they say they are? It is an i7-2600k and never will be anything else.

Know what you're talking about or get out, defending such a liar is disgusting.

aNuclearPidgeon likes this.
  6. Canon

Canon Reformed

What the holy good **** is wrong with this person?

The chip he's trying to sell is one thing, but what about all the random Nvidia, old ATI and game images he has randomly plastered over the listing and just slapped his name on poorly?

It's also clear he's just got his head around photoshop as some of those 'shops are downright retarded.

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Just like the advert for the fake chip; coincidence?... :hehe:

8. calibromucho

calibromucho What's a Dremel?

I answered that in my previous post: "You are OBVIOUSLY confusing the seller's proprietary labels for his chips that can do 5000MHz+ (which being guaranteed ~1/3 faster than STOCK, would account for the ~1/3 bump in his proprietary branding labels of 3700K and up)".

As for the other numbers in the title, I would just LOGICLY assume that it has everything to do with his first paragraph in the ads, where he guarantees the chips will beat a 990X for gaming (hence 990X+) and will beat a stock 2600K for gaming (hence 2600K+):

"Most people are completely unaware that increasing the CPU core count BEYOND 4 -- to 6 or even 8, WILL NOT RESULT IN EVEN 1 FRAME-PER-SECOND OF IMPROVEMENT REGARDLESS of how high the chip is overclocked - NO EXCEPTIONS. High Multithreaded Quad-Core speeds on contemporary Intel CPUs are THE most important factors for MAXING out your 'frames-per-second' in your games. Don't become another 990X / 980X 'gaming sucker'. Bottom line - if you're looking for the absolute FASTEST Core i7 Gaming Processor for your rig, Socket1155 is the platform, and THIS is your chip."

9. thetrashcanman

there is no such thing as a coincidence :hehe:

10. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Well, I can't argue with stupid...

Have fun with your new chip.

11. Kemp

Kemp Minimodder

To summarise this thread:

• Scammer on ebay scams people
    • Guy here who is probably scammer defends the auctions to a load of people who won't be scammed
    • As noted, no one here will be scammed

Scammer isn't going to stop, we're not going to be scammed. Let's stop feeding the troll shall we?

Update the first post (or one close) so that people who come this way know what's going on, and let's leave it at that.

12. SuicideNeil

Fail; they aren't proprietory labels ( that would be classed as deliberate mislabeling by the way ;) ), they are BS labels designed to intentionally confuse people; the photo shop picture clearly shows the chips supposedly being recognised as 'Super charged 3800k Extreme' by CPUZ:

[​IMG]

If they were just the seller's own fake labels then the chip wouldn't come up as ^that in CPUZ, it would just come up as 'Intel i7 2600k' like so:

[​IMG]

The CPUZ screen cap in the auction is clearly a total forgery- stop talking crap & GTFO.

13. calibromucho

1) You've been misinformed - perhaps you should do more reseach. Also, why do you assume his market isn't ALSO people who are running extreme cooling? All the guy is doing is posting the chips MAX specs - what the hell is so wrong with that? I mean, heck, it takes the 'lottery' factor completely out of picture when it comes to buying a chip from a store untested.

2) Again, you're putting words in his mouth - he only guaranteed that the chip was uncrashable. For this to occur it has to sustain temps up to TJ MAX or it IS NOT uncrashable and will definitely crash. He never said anything about sustained running at those temps. Besides, apparently you know better than Intel. First off, the REAL limit for these i7 chips is 110C not 100C. 100C is just where Intel programs the limiter in (actually is closer to 97-98C). Do you REALLY think that Intel would set a TJ MAX that would GUARANTEE MASSIVE RMAs to the linx-happy & prime-happy testers out there? They are not idiots, they know more than you, and they set that limit because it is considered a SAFE cut-off point.

3) Again, you're uninformed and desperately need to do more research (I just addressed this as well in the 2nd point).

4) Again, reading comprehsion 101. Go back and read my previous posts about proprietary marketing labels. His branding label is "supercharged 3900k (amped i7-2600k)" NOT "supercharged intel core i7 3900k"...it makes all the difference in the world, and really, it's marketing 101. I'm mean hell, I've never even been in marketing and I know this...

Last edited: 29 Jul 2011
  14. calibromucho

He sells nvidia cards and ati cards too...people already talked about this. His market is gamers, so he sells fast cpus and custom video cards and that's why he uses the logos. I'm not going to post links for him, but people have already left postive comments about the cards they bought from him. He also is selling a custom GTX 580 now that ends in 1 day..you can see all the same logos there for yourself..

15. calibromucho

Again, his branding label is "supercharged 3900k (amped i7-2600k)" NOT "supercharged intel core i7 3900k"...it makes all the difference in the world, and really, it's marketing 101. I'm mean hell, I've never even been in marketing and I know this...

You can change namestrings with simple regfiles etc. - learn for yourself: http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy&h...c.r_pw.&fp=edc9ca55d05e7380&biw=2048&bih=1186

The official specification in the center of his cpuz photo is still "Core i7-2600K". His namestring update is not official specification, and the change is consistent with the rest of his marketing. He probably sends the regfiles or whatever to his customers for permanent update. Tons of people are doing it as can be seen via google, so apparently it is quite popular...

16. SuicideNeil

Amongst ebay scammers it seems :lol:

Whatever, fake cpu is fake & dangerous settings is dangerous, I feel sorry for 'his' victims. :nono:

17. Canon

Canon Reformed

NO. He takes images that do not belong to him and uses them for commercial gain. So now you are advertising for this guy as well, all a little bit too convenient if you ask me.

And yes I have now also reported the eBay user for selling such utter bollocks and as mentioned above using images he obviously doesn't have permission to use.

18. calibromucho

Huh? That is nvidia & ati ART not logos if you want to get technical. :rolleyes: ...there is not one single nvidia logo or ati logo in any of his ads. You DO realize that nivida and ati actually DO want their logo shown as much as possible for exposure right? You DO realize it's free advertising for them right? You do realize that a huge number of people selling on ebay use their logos overtly right? Even so, he still doesn't have them in his ads.

This is the kind of ignorant slander I'm talking about...it's no wonder people don't trust what they read in forums anymore. :rolleyes: I told you about his forum policy in an earlier post. I take offence because I'm a customer, and comments like this insult my intelligence.

19. Canon

Canon Reformed

Insult your intelligence? That should be much harder than this.. Lets find the people that created this 'art' then and see what they have to say about the use of it? Most people don't take kindly to others making money off the back of their work. And NO he did not make it, most of the fraudulent shops on that page may as well have been done in crayon.

20. calibromucho

If you want to get technical, not just his post in isolation, the entire THREAD. It slanderously implies that only a sucker, a fool, an idiot etc. would buy a product from him that has been pre-tested with full guarantee.

In case you are unaware, the other logos are GAME logos. I know you may not know what crysis 2, call of duty, unreal tournament are, but they are GAMES people play on their computer. :rolleyes: ...those companies want as much exposure as they can get - it's free advertising. Furthermore, ANYONE selling gaming products would be considered HOT LEADS for them, and they welcome the exposure with open arms.

And you DO REALIZE he's selling nvidia & ati cards right? So the abstract nvidia & ati art IS appropriate and welcome with open arms by them..

I mean seriously, just shake my head at people's logic sometimes...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.