1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This one's for the Brits

Discussion in 'General' started by SitraAchra, 16 Nov 2004.

1. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

2. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

that is fantastic.

I want to add mine!

3. Peanut[UK]

Peanut[UK] What's a Dremel?

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Teeheeheee, that's a great site. I think page 1 is the best though... (out of about 10 random viewings, not out of all of them... :p)

5. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

I wonder just how many UK readers know who the democratic candidates were. I imagine some might know the democrats choice for a pres. and vp. Personally the democrats had something like 13 choices and that was the best they could come up with? I also wonder how many UK readers watched any of the debates?

I don't think Bush is a perfect president, in comparison to Kerry I'd much rather have Bush.

L J

6. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

People are still complaining about the elections?

7. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Yeah the election was on our screens all the time before nov-3. Those of us late nighters were also able to watch the debates live. Thank god it's over anyhow and we can get back to normal news, like um Iraq....

8. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Trust me, we know a lot more about your elections than you do ours ;)

9. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

Just based on news coverage we know more about their elections than we do ours.

10. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

That is a lot of sad people...... I just wished these implications only affected the country where people had a choice. :sigh:

11. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

I am very (read VERY) glad that this is the last term for Bush. However, the nest of Bushes contains one more, Jeb. Cross your fingers!!!

:sigh:

BTW, the state of Oregon voted for Kerry.

12. B-Con

B-Con What's a Dremel?

whoever had the time to put that together probably couldn't organized a country-wide rebellion in that amount of time :naughty:

13. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Sorry guys.. I tried :sigh:

14. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Luckily, you didn't try hard enough :thumb:

Can we just give it a rest and accept the fact that Hillary Clinton will more than likely win next time? I really can't decide which is worse, John Kerry or her...

Anyone know of some good little islands in the pacific I could move to in about 4 years :p

15. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Admittedly I didn't watch them, but by all accounts Kerry beat Bush hands down?!

I must admit though, the democrats shot themselves in the foot backing Kerry, he's completely devoid of charisma etc.

But, let's not discuss it further hey, move on.

16. Colonel Sanders

Quite honestly, I don't like Bush a whole lot. However, I do think since he started a mess he should be the one to finish it.

in my opinion, the debates were pathetic, Kerry did nothing but complain about what Bush was doing,never said what he would do. However, kerry did at one time support Bush. What I saw in Kerry was another Bill Clinton- his views change with public opinion- he doesn't really have any opinion of his own, which is not what I really want in a president.

L J

17. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Do you think us Brits will be doing something similar when Blair gets in again?

Last edited: 18 Nov 2004
  18. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Erm...isn't the President meant to do what the people tell him to do? Thats why he is "democratically" elected after all...

Sam

19. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Possibly, though we no longer rule the world and our leader can't make as many future-threatening decisions as the President can.

I can't see Blair not getting in, though the Lib Dems as opposition is a very strong possibility, and would make a world of difference. Having the two largest parties nearly identical in policies doesn't work any better over here than it does in the US.

Uncle Psychosis - I agree, and I think it's something that not enough people have given consideration to.

20. Colonel Sanders

Let me put it this way- John Kerry is elected into office, one day it is a great to idea to attack China, tomorrow it was a horrible idea. What was his opinion? Nobody knows. An individual needs to make choices for themself at times, not simply lie to try make the public like you.

There isn't really one opinion that fits every American. On that page you suposidly see Americans who really hate Bush, but yet that is not the overall opinion of the US, Bush did win the popular vote...

L J