1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those wacky creationists....

Discussion in 'General' started by DreamTheEndless, 22 Nov 2005.

1. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

So what the hell is your point? Everyone knows Jesus was a jew. Do you know anything about Judaism? The only thing which fundamentally separates Christians from Jews, is the belief that Jesus was the Messiah. Jews believe that Jesus wasn't the Messiah, but in fact a prophet, whereas Christians believe he was the Messiah.

"Christianity" was officially started by the disciples after Jesus' ascension and only then did he become a symbol of the religion, so what exactly was your point about him being a Jew?

Again, please point out which bit it is exactly that I am throwing away! Can you just not read?

And why did you just quote several apparently random Bible passages?

Last edited: 26 Nov 2005
  2. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

wow this thread started off so light hearted talking about flying spaghetti monsters and about a religion where heaven has a stripper factory and a beer volcano.

now look where its heading.

3. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Those two statements say more than you think: you answered your own question. Thank you for that, I thought I would have to come up with something witty and sarcastic to do it, but you've just done it for yourself. Saves me the effort! :)

And my point about jesus? That was in regard to Nexxo, his whole comment about jesus not following the bible correctly. Again, it was a simple concept which you've blatantly taken out of context. My final statement was to reinforce the previous bible quote in a comic way. The quote was part of my response to Nexxo in my agreeing with him.

Listen, it's obvious you're being overzealous in your retaliations, and I realize I'm not being of any help as I'm talking from a view that is not your own. So please do not post any further, I will not reply. Thank you for a good debate though; maybe somebody else learned something they didn't know about the bible.

4. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

I am disowning this thread -

It started out being about:
    A. how wacky it is to use religion as science
    . . . . . or
    B. Flying Spaghetti Monsterism and how great it will be to have a beer volcano and stripper factory in heaven.

Note - I did not, nor do I ever, mock or discount any religion. Some followers of various faiths are a little messed up and do things in the name of religion that have nothing to do with the spirit of their faith, but whatever.

All I started this thread about was how messed up it is to use religion in the place of science.

Religion and science are by very definition (except in Kansas) different things.

I might not have been very clear about that in my first post, but that's what I was trying to comment on.

This has become a thread of us telling each other what's wrong with our various religions.....
    -not what I intended-

5. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Jesus believed in the bible, hebrew scriptures to be accurate. The greek septuagint wasn't written yet..... Where'd you pull that one from? And it's actually historically accurate.

6. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

calm down malf and acron, jesus is angry at both of you for arguing.

there is more than one way to skin a cat, and if there is one god, you both worship the same being differently, either by going to church and singing praises, or simply trying to understand the existance It created. calm down, be happy.

7. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Way to dodge the question!

You have no idea how to structure a proper response, do you?

"Those two statements say more than you think": What exactly do they say?

"you answered your own question": How have I answered my own questions?

Does anyone else see this? In fact, does anyone else here understand a word this guy is saying?

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Look, to be fair, acron^, even I can't follow anymore what you two are arguing about. And DreamTheEndless is sort of right when he says that his thread has been hijacked by other people's arguments and strayed waaaayyy off-topic.

So let's do what Jesus suggested (and got nailed to a piece of wood for): let's just be tolerant and try to get along with each other... :)

Actually Jesus did a fair bit of challenging of the established interpretation of said scriptures... but I don't want to get into that here. We can always start another thread.

Back on topic guys. That Flying Spagetti Monster: what sauce: Bolognese or Putanesca?

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

The idea of religion in the 21st century just screws with my head to be honest.

10. Nexxo

Not just yours, by the looks of it... :D

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

A nice garlic herb alfredo. Anything else would just be sacrilegious. And you don't want to anger the Flying Spaghetti Monster, else He will cause the heavens to rain down with giant meatballs. And I'm not a big fan of meatballs, so let's not have that, eh?

-monkey

12. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Here here sir -
    I also am a fan of Alfredo - however, a Bolognese done correctly can be divine..

13. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

Someone called?

14. kickarse

Sure start it up :) ... Btw... challenging the interpretation of the scriptures doesn't mean he disagreed or challenged the scriptures themselves. He was establishing the truth of the "said scriptures" while the scribes and pharisee's were destroying the true meaning of "said scriptures". The "traditions of men is what lays a snare" Jesus said, these were doing that like wild fire. Misinterpreting the scriptures for their own twisted, greedy, imperfect needs and hurting the flock/people of God.

True Jesus teaches tolerence of others, in a sense. Tolerence only goes so far as he showed with the tax collectors within the house of his father. As well when Satan and the demons were battled and ousted out of heaven by Michael (Jesus) and his angels to cleanse the heavens. Thus tolerence does not mean to let injustice or disobedience prevail.

Tolerence doesn't mean that if there's a volcano that is about to errupt and it's midnight that we don't warn people of impending doom because they might be sleeping and perhaps would get upset that we woke them up or hurt their feelings because they don't believe in that a volcano will expload because they haven't seen it themselves.. yadda yadda yadda. Same holds true to other things.

Btw, I also have no idea what they are talking about either.

15. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

Is... is it... is it going to that heaven of which you speak? :confused: :D :duh:

Just curious about the Michael being Jesus part you mention... I went to a private Christian school for all of grade school and never heard that. I really don't want to debate that (tooooo much debating/arguing in this thread already), but merely would like to see some supporting evidence/references? I'm just curious about this. Thanks! :)

16. kickarse

Sure i'll pm it to your about Jesus being Michael... But basically the scriptures speak of Jesus as Michael the Archangel, or top angel and Michael "he who is like God", as his name while in heaven. Jesus was his hebrew given name by his parents.... But like I said i'll give you supporting scriptures later today. I have to get to work :)

17. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

bolognese if done properly metinks... :D

18. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

I agree, but is there a Garlic Bread Monster?? or something else to that effect, cos you cant have a spag bol with out garlic bread, and parmazan cheese :D so are all thses taken in to account?? :D

IMO there are different religions/faiths that have different meanings and stories. i am CoE and i dont beleive any thing about god, jesus, budah, any of the gods or special people that are in the books. im not slating any of them and i am not saying that you are wrong for following a faith.

just to explain what im saying there are 2 main faiths on this forum and no people on either sides cant agree the one or the other faith is better, its the mighty debate and people accept that one person will like the one over the other as it is more acceptable to their way of thinking. and thats that. what i am taking about is Microsift Vs Apple and Intel V's AMD. when someone puts up a spec of a PC and states he's going for a AMD proc' you dont see the intel faithfuls slating him for his choice, so why does it always happen when the remotest/slightest chance of a hint of religion type thread happens on this forum that all hell breaks loose??

there must be a religious debate every week, and i feel sorry for any new members who want ot learn about PCs/Macs or offer valuable advice, and want to see some of the more popular posts, mainly the ones that span more than 5 pages, and the majority of them are about religion. and blatent argueing. its petty, we are grown adults with sence of reasoning and understanding and a wealth of knowledge at our finger tips. that our predecessors never had

why cant people just accept that one person will like something you wont and get on with your life.

my G/F is half irish, she and her family are devout catholics and every sunday they go to church, on ********* eve they go to midnight mass, and all other major events in their fiaths calender they goto. as i said im CoE and they respect that, as i respect that they are catholic, they do not try and convert me as i dont not them, as we have muteral respect for each others beliefs no matter how wrong the other person thinks the others faith is.

so why can we (bit-tech) be more like that??

19. Nexxo

Oooh! Garlic bread... ahhh... /me drools... :brrr:

20. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...