1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought I would have a quick attempt at OC'ing...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by D-an-W, 29 Jan 2007.

1. D-an-W

D-an-W New Member

Been running the E6600 Core2Duo for a while now in a ASUS P5N32-SLi SE Deluxe MoBo with 2Gb of Corsair RAM so today I thought I would have a quick go at Overclocking :dremel:

From what I read I know this isn't the best board for this but at the time it was the best board choice for me and has been great so far.

Basically I entered the BIOS and changed "AI Overclocking" from "Auto" to "Overclock Profile", I then went onto move the selector up from 5% to 20% testing how it booted after each change and I was suprised to see it booted with no problems right up to 20% (Which is the max I have using this "Overclock Profile").

This has left me with a CPU @ 2880Mhz and a FSB @ 1281Mhz, there is also a section called "Ratio Satus - Unlocked" and "Ratio Actual - 9".

What I am now wondering is, is this PC capable of running @ a stable 3Ghz and if so what do I need to do to reach this?

My Cooler is the ArticCooling FreezerPro 7 and the temp is currently 43 deg C at idle.

Thanks for any help / advice offered ...D-an-W

2. trig

trig god's little mistake

not familiar with the board, so wouldnt know how to coach you to reach it, but have definitely seen the chip oc'ed well past 3 ghz on air, so even for a "non-oc friendly" board you should get there no problem. srry i couldnt be more help.

3. D-an-W

D-an-W New Member

Cheers trig, I will give it a go then :rock:

4. trig

good luck...let us know how it goes...

5. phelan1777

phelan1777 New Member

STAY AWAY FROM THE OCING CRACK YOU WILL NEVER GET OFF IT!

Just kidding, welcome to the OCing world and go help us all, cause once you start you can't stop........unless of course you kill your hardware :rock:

If you are curious about more information about your board, you could stop over at Xtremesystems.org. Not to say that someone here can't help you. Just putting it out there.

I am still on 939 so I know diddly about C2Ds other then they are sick over clockers in comparison.

6. D-an-W

D-an-W New Member

Unless someone can help me with this BIOS, I don't think I can get it to go any higher... :wallbash:

7. trig

well...since no one is helping, try google searching ur board and different words like "overclocking" etc...and like the other guy said, try xtremesystems.org