1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Thoughts from AMD's GPU Technology Conference

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cutter McJ1b, 29 Jan 2010.

1. Cutter McJ1b

Cutter McJ1b Home-cut jibs at discount Prices

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the point on nVidia and Intel providing support to the developer is very good. you really can't hope any odd developer to simply pick up the OpenCL specification and start coding, proper support is a MUST and AMD need to realise this.

of course, spending money on supporting OpenCL may also end up helping the competitor. but that's the problem with open standard, good for the consumers, bad for the hardware people.

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

not necessarily as any money invested in the physx platform would become redundant therefore be a total waste. so whilst yes they would benefit from OpenCL it would remove Physx as a revenue stream

4. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

What a looong post, Think I got Rickets!!!

Seriously, interesting Read. Gotta love the way AMD its aproaching its costumers, without any hyper-hype propaganda about anything and just being real about the way they are taking their projects.

5. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

6. Reputator

Reputator What's a Dremel?

I don't really see how. NVIDIA's a big supporter of OpenCL, in fact being first to release a driver for it. Creative was SOL because most of their EAX titles depended on DirectX. NVIDIA's PhysX is independent of what Microsoft chooses to do, so either way the market goes, NVIDIA's golden.

7. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

ROFL

Let's see what Nvidia has to say if they're willing to talk.

Just out of curiosity, what were the illegal ways Sapphire vice-president said?

About Steam, so far, I don't see any monopoly play, they're acting like some hard competition is out there

Tags: Add Tags