1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Thoughts on ebuyer.com

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mystvearn, 17 Sep 2011.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I too have used Ebuyer for many years. Goods have always arrived on time.
    I highly recommend them.

As for royal mail. I only ever send things recorded, so I know it's got there, and also gives you proof that the recipient has received it, so they can't blagg to get there money back etc.

Cheers,
    Simon.

unikey likes this.
  2. Zero_UK

Zero_UK New Member

I had problems with them when they were refusing to send out purchased motherboards at a promotion offer which went on for a long time. But other than that they have been ok, I still go to scan 99.9% of the time though.

3. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

The only time i ever have problems with ebuyer are when they use citylink as the courier. Crap service, crap attitude..

4. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Used to use Scan and Ebuyer equally but after a few bad experiences with Ebuyer, i pretty much just use Scan.

When i lived in Glasgow there were several occasions where i payed for next day delivery and for whatever reason the packages didnt arrive for a few days. Not to mention the retarded courier service who buzzed the wrong flat and forced me into a 15 mile round trip to the depot in a taxi (that wasnt cheap!)

To make things worse, when i moved north to Aberdeen, Ebuyer decided they were going to increase the delivery cost. No other online retailer i've used adjusts the postage for location and obviously with the the bit-tech free scan postage... i'm pretty much a Scan fan-boy!

5. Puzzu

Puzzu New Member

I've used ebuyer in the past and not had any problems with them at all, and paying by google check out as well. (even the time I got a refund for the PSU that died after 4 months)...

I've also used Scan, Misco (Simpley as they used to be called), Dabs as well so not a Ebuyer fan boy by any means.

That said I would have contacted ebuyer a lot sooner if my ram had not turned up, past the original delivery date.

6. Farting Bob

Farting Bob New Member

Never had any problems, had to RMA a motherboard back at one point and it went as smoothly as one can expect. if you know the model number of what you are after they are fine, their website is a bit rubbish for browsing though, and stock is somewhat limited on the more up to date enthusiast stuff but if they have it its usually right near the cheapest you can get it for, with fast dispatch times. Not my number 1 option, but i price check with them a fair bit.

7. zulu9812

zulu9812 New Member

I quite like Ebuyer. I always get their cheapest delivery option and it usually arrives in 2 or 3 days - when it's meant to take a week. Conversely, their next-day delivery is unreliable - so I would just get the free postage option.

Funny story: last year they sent me an England flag with my order. I think it was supposed to go on one's car. Anyway, I email Ebuyer and ask them why they've sent an England flag to a Scottish customer. Their reply says that it's a promotion for the World Cup but they'll review the policy as obviously it's not appropriate for everyone. So I email back saying I've no problem with them sending me a flag for a team to support in the World Cup - just send me a German one!

8. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

refunded that guy. Lesson to me to proper signed parcel next time.