1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics ti4200 overclock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Asphix, 6 Aug 2002.

1. Asphix

Asphix What's a Dremel?

Whatsup?

Ok, my friend wants to upgrade from his geforce 2 gts. I told him he should get the geforce 4 ti 4200 and save some cash since the nv30 will be out later this year/early next year. Also i have read on various forums/articles that with the 4200 it is possible to overclock it to the speeds of a ti4600.

My friend got the OEM ti4200 board with 64 mb (slightly faster) ram. We are ordering a thermaltake geforce 4 video cooler and will slap some AS3 inbetween the heatsync and GPU.

Does this sound like everythign we will need to do to allow him to overclock the ti4200 and keep his system stable? Were aiming to get the ti4200 to ti4600 speeds. If theres anything else we should do, I would appreciate it if you could let me know. Also, what is the best software to perform the overclock? Some links/names would also be greatly appreciated.

Asphix

2. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

Let's take this to Graphics Cards.......................................Fasten Your belts!;)

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Ive got the Chaintech Gf4 ti4200 128ddr and this thing can really be overclocked.

Core @ 325 stock(250)
    Mem @ 575 stock(446)

Had to use Rivatuner as coolbits cant go this far.

Absolutly no artifacts , ran 3D Mark2001 several times no crashes/freezes.

I think there a little more in it , might try it later.

Running on stock fan and heatsinks.

I do have a window fan blowing directly onto the card though.

Tags: