1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Time for a new mouse!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FelixTech, 26 Nov 2010.

1. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

After three solid years of gaming, the left click on my Logitech VX Revolution is no longer working reliably (just months after the warranty expires...), so it's time to look for a new mouse. The things I like most about my current mouse are probably the forward and back buttons (well mainly back), the one-touch-search button, and it's small size.

My friends keeps telling me to get a wired mouse, and a gaming model at that, but I'm amazed how expensive mice seem to have gotten over the last three years. I paid £35 for my mouse three years ago and on Amazon it has depreciated about £3! I would be happy to switch to a wired mouse (I think... it's been a long time). My main worry with size: I am very much a claw grip person, and tend to keep the back-right side of my (small) hand on the desk at all times.

The CM storm looks to be right for my price range, but it's a whole 3cm longer and it looks like the mouse wheel is very far forward... What else is out there, or should I just buy another VX Revolution (even at the expense of a few battery related deaths!)???

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I have the CM sentinal advance. Awesome :)

3. Reitau

Reitau WizD Rawks

Mice can be very personal, I love my MX518, works like adream, sure there are better ones but I would and have recommended it in the past.

Free p&p through here, bargain for £22.

Alex.

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

IMO it's worth looking at the other Logitech Revolution models, the scroll wheel is amazing.. I also claw grip, my VX Nano fits my grip perfectly. You say you have small hands, try a VX Nano?

EDIT: Apparently the Nano's been replaced by the Anywhere MX, can't comment on that one..

EDIT2: VX Nano is $25 after rebate on Amazon, tempting to pick up a spare..

Last edited: 26 Nov 2010
  5. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

My tip for the day. Go to Currys and make your choice. They normally have a decent amount of keyboards and mice on display (yes, even gaming ones) . Then, come home, decision made, hunt for best price.

So, here's the standard list.

1. Go to Currys.
    2. Come Home.
    3. Search for Best price and buy online.
    4. ????
    5. Profit!

6. Reitau

Reitau WizD Rawks

For the example I gave above, without our deal on p&p, its actually £2.29 more expensive at Scan than Dixons who own's Curry's..... just putting that out there.

EDIT: Just did a search for 5 mice, 4 of which were the same price 1 was cheaper....

Alex.

7. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

This for sure. Especially today where many mice have weird shapes (which may very well be a reason to take a look at some of the older options).

Another piece of advice, don't bother looking at massive DPI numbers or whatever, they are mostly meaningless in a way. Concentrate on how the thing feels in the hand :)

8. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Thanks! I think the nearest place to me is a PC World, so I guess I'll look there first! :D

9. its

its What's a Dremel?

MX Revolution or G9.. Best mice I've ever had.

10. Reitau

Reitau WizD Rawks

Again, PC World and Currys all owned by Dixons. Also check out Comet, take a Smart phone and RedLaser the box in store, they should price match a local deal, and the Comet site has very good prices with Web exclusive prices you can collect in the store from the stores stock (not ordered in) which I usually do stood in the store on my iPhone.

Love my tech!

Alex.

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Have you contacted Logitech to see if they'll replace it anyway?