1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Time to move on.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by penski, 25 May 2004.

1. penski

penski BodMod

2. Gecko

Gecko What's a Dremel?

Nothing wrong with playing CS, as long as its not the only game you play. Mix in a bit of UT2k4 or Elite Force, then some better Half-Life mods like Sceince and Industry. Nothing wrong with CS tho, its good fun.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I saw that yesterday and laughed cause it is so damn true. Noone plays anything else cause its always ****ing CS this and CS that. ITS 5 YEARS OLD! LET-IT-DIE! :rolleyes:

Ive given up lanning unless its only with friends who will play something else. There are FAR FAR better multiplayer games now: splinter cell 2, farcry, ut2k4 etc. I hate CS as much as i hate CS players: "ARGH gonna pwn j00 n00b" "fuX0r!" (ive heard them actually say (not type) this to each other!?), and the best one by far: "cheater!" :grr: :rolleyes: gimme a break u frikkin 'tard.

EDIT: No, come to think of it, i just hate everyone who plays online. Rarely, in any game is there a good server and unless you play all day every day from the day the game is released you dont have a hope in hell of getting many frags. Tbh ive given up on online gaming almost altogether now, i reply good single player stuff to fill my gaming needs.

4. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

:hehe:

RoB

5. penski

penski BodMod

Actually, I'll only do small LANs with mates (up to 16 people) and we do almost every game.

That said, I still love half life deathmatch.

Half Life Deathmatch + Yoda Mod + very small map = crying with laughter at the sheer amount of Yodas.

Yoda mod = all characters are Yoda, all weapons fire Yodas, the hornet gun fires Yodas that upon encountering a player turn into Yoda Snarks.

Absolute Yoda mayhem...And that is the only reason I'll actually play games on a LAN...For fun.

CS should be banned from the internet.

*n

6. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

Never been a CS fan and never been to a lan OMG!! :sigh: But i've always been a UT man anyway so it doesnt really effect me, altho tactical ops used to be a great mod for UT but all of the CS w****s used to moan it was crap compared to there beloved.

7. Gecko

Gecko What's a Dremel?

Yoda mod roxors, i left that one out last time, but we've always played it before, :rock: :rock: :rock:

I dont think CS should be banned tho.

<advertising>
    http://ti.techangel.co.uk

C++ coder needed ;)

</advertising>

8. Malavon

Malavon What's a Dremel?

The reason that people still play CS, five years after it's initial release, is because it's such a damn good game. Providing you find yourself a decent server with decent maps, it's a suprisingly fun and addictive game. I used to play it several hours a day on a 24/7 Aztec Server. Two months later and I'd say that I'm fairly decent at that map :p

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

The problem is that all these so called newer better games are not better, better graphics yeh.
    But as we all know graphics dont make the game, gameplay does.
    All the newer First Person Shooters are too slow, and Im not talking frames per second, its the character movement.

And that Yoda mod is funny, for like 5 seconds.

10. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg... So true hahahahaha!!!. CS sucks now... so does TO..... play new games!!! Its like listening to a song over and over it gets damn annoying!! :rock: :rock: :clap:

11. MarcelloRupelli

MarcelloRupelli What's a Dremel?

There. You nailed it right on the head. This is why pretty much the only fps I play anymore is Q2 Lithium. There's a few good servers with dedicated Q2 players that are generally very good. Almost never see any noob stupidity.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh come on! The halflife engine is WELL SLOW. I was playing UT2k3 and Q3A then i tried going back to CS and i had to literally mentally slow myself down cause the engine couldnt keep up, especially at the buy screens. Not only that but the engine has more holes than XP. I'll admit i was addicted for about 8 months during beta 6.5-retail 1.1 but it soon became silly: full of people who had nothing better todo than annoy you and shout at you and cheat. That's not good gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 May 2004
  13. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Really can't believe the arguments against CS some of you are putting forward...

"It's too old!" - I fail so see how this deducts from the superior quality of this game. If you want to be really technical, the Half-Life engine was based on the Quake (1) engine - now that's old! Still the most popular game on the internet.

"It's too slow!" - Huh? Not quite with you there. Being as the average PC spec is now something like double the recommended requirements for Half-Life, I don't see how you can say it's 'slow'. FarCry drags my PC to a snail's pace - THAT'S slow!

"CS players are "frikkin' tards" who apparently all speak in 1337" - I play CS. When have you ever seen me write a thread in 'leet speak'? You can't tar all CS players with the same brush! The respectable UK scene consists of articulate individuals such as myself.

Yeah, it does have a cheating problem but it's easily avoided - Play on VAC or CD servers. If you want to play CS properly, as it was intended, get a clan. Get in a ladder. Play some proper clan wars. Nothing like it tbh.

CS is a flexible, fast-paced, tactical, shoot-em-up with unlimited re-playability.

It's not gonna go away :p Have you seen the CS(2) video?? Schweeeeeeet!

14. penski

penski BodMod

Would you be less offended if I had sex with your mum?

*n

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I was waiting for Acron and his "wub CS" lot to come around. :D

Clans and ladders require you to have gotten into it a while ago. CS is no place for newbies (mind you, like i said above - unless you play any online game from the release you're pretty much screwed).

Also its just cause ur poota's ****e that farcry is slow :p hahaha :naughty: ;) just windin u up mate When i say "slow" the gameplay is too slow for my personal liking, that's all.

edit: roffle at pen :D

16. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Funny comic strip!!

Although I don't agree with the anti-CS brigade. There are many games out there that look graphically better, have fewer cheating players, no sheilds or whatever but CS is always a level above them.

Here are a few reasons why:

A: Cray Super PC not required
    B: Steam, albeit slowly, updates it on the fly.
    C: If used properly, Steam will protect your right to play your own copy and online identity.
    D: Very intuitative gameplay
    E: Available at every level if you join a clan and play in a ladder of the same skill level as your clan.
    F: Fun. My mrs, who is useless as anything other than gamepad thumping (Tekken and Mortal Combat), can run around shoting and blowing things up in a pixel driven world that is quite similar to our own. There are no huge monsters, uber powerful rockets, platforms that make you jump 40ft into the air, instant respawning, weapons that would require a transit van full of ammunition to work as they do, etc...

It's here to stay, deal with it.

Before you start the Fanboy linch mob, consider that I play most games and don't really have a favourite. I play whatever entertains me at that particular moment, from Farcry all the way to a yahoo java game with a friend.

17. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

cool, I'm in the mafioso!

time to put on my pinstripped suit, gonna pick purple today :D

18. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I would rather have bum sex with Gary Glitter than go to a LAN party.

Coincidentally I just reinstalled CS as part of my recent resurrection of my PC (since my Apple fetish is subsiding a little) and within 30secs of the first game I remembered why I stopped playing pre-Steam. I simply have too much to do in my crammed life to instead spend my time reading trashtalk from illiterate 7yr olds who don't understand the meaning of being a dignified loser.

On the Xbox its a way cleaner, more lean experience.

19. Malavon

Malavon What's a Dremel?

Man... I can't imagine anyone trying to play CS with a PS2 controller... let alone an Xbox controller... *shudders*

20. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

The last time I did serious online multiplayer, I was shooting people with rocket launchers and nailguns in Quake on MPlayer. Nothing else has really seemed interesting, except for the occasional Diablo 2 multiplayer match.

Tags: