I just installed this game today, only to find the game performance is terrible at maximum settings with 4xSSAA. I was then noticing my temps where running much hotter than any other game or app has pushed my GPU's before. Temps hitting 47c, when normally they run under 40c in the likes of Crysis 3 etc. 90% of the time I was getting 90fps with vsync on with my OC display running 2560x1440@ 90Hz. The other 10% was dips in performance, in what I wouldn't call 'Very demanding scense' lows of 15fps, due to driver optimization. (More of a game patch needed!) Once I got out to the wilderness, the game hard freeze. And so the only way to come out of this was to hold the power button for several seconds and reboot! 'I hate having to do that!' EDIT: A quick vid I made on what I get. (Sorry about the poor picture quality. Recorded with my S3 phone...) (Also used masking tape - taped to the ceiling to hold my phone in place whilst I recorded lol.) So after the reboot, I decided to hunt for other people experiencing the same thing. I then came across this post; NVIDIA GPU Performance Issues in the new Tomb Raider The new Tomb Raider reboot was released last night, and has so far been praised as a good game that brings back that nostalgia of the old Tomb Raider games. However, in our testing today, we have become aware of performance issues on NVIDIA GPUs while playing this game. We reached out to NVIDIA for answers and some information for you if you are experiencing slower than expected performance, it is not just you. We asked NVIDIA what the best driver for the game is right now, and NVIDIA's response is as follows: NVidia response; Hi Brent. You can try using the latest beta driver however, please note that we are aware of major performance and stability issues with GeForce GPUs running Tomb Raider with maximum settings. Unfortunately, NVIDIA didn't receive final code until this past weekend which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided. We are working closely with Crystal Dynamics to address and resolve all game issues as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we would like to apologize to GeForce users that are not able to have a great experience playing Tomb Raider, as they have come to expect with all of their favorite PC games. We then followed up asking about an ETA for the new driver, and got this response: NVidia response; Hi Brent, this isn't solely a driver issue. The developer needs to make some changes on their end to fix their issues on GeForce GPUs. This will require code changes to the game. So there you go, it is not only going to take a driver update, but also a patch update for the game to get the most out of NVIDIA GeForce GPUs. I myself am experiencing slow performance, (R.E. 20's FPS) with GTX 680 SLI at maxed out in-game settings, with FXAA. There is definitely a performance issue that needs resolving. The only thing you can do right now, if you are experiencing slow performance, is turn TressFX off, back to Normal, and try lowering in-game setting, starting with SSAO, to try and improve performance. We will have a full evaluation of this game, and its performance and IQ next week with tips on how to get the most out of it performance wise. I guess as any new AAA titles, they are rushing to get these titles out on time without doing enough testing... So now will be waiting for a Driver update and a Patch for the game.... I have now fixed the issue! Goto NVIDIA control panel, Manage 3D settings, and click on 'Program Settings Tab' Untick the 'Show only programs found on this computer' (Shown above) Then click on 'Select a program to customise' from the drop down. (Shown below.) Now the 'Tomb Raider (2013) will show a blue and white icon next to it, like the rest. To get NVIDIA Drivers to recognized the launch of a selected program and use NVIDIA Profiles, you need to manual add the .EXE for that game. Pictured below, will show you how to add the .EXE to that profile. (Depending on where you installed the game, will show differently to my screenshot.) Those that have it installed on Steam will have to go into Steam Folder\streamapps\common\YOUR GAME\ Click on .EXE If all done correctly, then re click on 'Show only programs found on this computer' in the first pic. \then click on the drop down, and this will show you all games installed on your computer with NVIDIA Profiles enabled. If some of your games ain't showing, then you need to follow this guide and enable them all, to take advantage of the Profiles. Hope this will solve everyone's issues! Cheers, Simon. [EDIT] Right, I think this is the final fix, with 314.14 Beta drivers. Before I update to 314.21 Beta drivers. (Runs well on both 314.14 and 314.21 Beta drivers). Copy these setting, and all problems when running the game maxed out should be solved. BTW - No more dips in FPS with tressFX enabled.