1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Tomb Raider 2013 issues (NOW FIXED! Guide in post #1!)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-44432, 7 Mar 2013.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it's running much better after the patch and the game is quite frankly awesome so far. Easy, but very immersive

2. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

with 5 mins of play it crashed again after the patch

only seeing 20 odd FPS on full settings

3. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Tomb Raider 2013 issues

Ok well since the patch using anything other than FXAA kills performance, and also TressFX is broken without FXAA also.

Bar that combination it runs perfectly with everything turned on with FXAA. No crashing, just occasional stuttering.

So maybe those still having problems can try with FXAA. Seems its far from fixed.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Absolutely no problems at all with this game so far,touch wood. But what's with all the button mashing?

Haven't had to much climbing and jumping so far but I have only really begun so hopefully this will improve.

Must say Lara's a bit of a cracker,(how sad is that lol).

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

The patches does not appeared to have made any negatives differences to me, it still runs really well and plays fine. Too early to tell if it has actuially made any slight or more improvmenmts for me, as I am in some caves at the moment. Once the game opens up again, it will be interesting to see how it runs etc.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

This button mashing looks like it is going to be a game killer for me, she's got a gun yet she has to kick (F) or hit A&D and then E, why can she not just shoot the dam wolf?

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Spoilers... I haven't got past my vid on the previous page still...;)

8. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Once you get past the pesky wolves in the early segment of the game it's brilliant. I'm finishing up a 2nd playthough and doing all the tombs now.

I did have to replay a few section several times to complete them though...

9. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

gonna uninstall this pile of plop

1 the game crashes all the time
    2 the button mashing is annoying

tomb raider = FAIL

10. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I agree with both statements, but I do like the exploration bits - I just wish they would take all the guff out and use the money they save to make the exploration sections bigger. The tombs especially are tiny and so, so easy.

11. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Not had a single crash with Ultimate setting, patch has cured ropey performance in all but the cutscenes, nor much button mashing, perhaps it feels better to do these things on joypad than on keyboard.

12. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

do you have a 600 range GPU? @sandys

Jedra the first one on the ps1 took me a month to complete lol

13. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yup a nicely overclocked 680 too, as is my whole machine, I only have one 680 though, as much as I'd like SLI I can't fit it in, have to suffer with ~45-50fps @ 1440p, dips in cutscenes to < 20 :( I want a titan ....

Granted I have only played for 3 hours but no issues running NV betas, seems solid.

Last edited: 12 Mar 2013
  14. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I have now fixed the issue! :rock:

Goto NVIDIA control panel, Manage 3D settings, and click on 'Program Settings Tab'

[​IMG]

Untick the 'Show only programs found on this computer' (Shown above) Then click on 'Select a program to customise' from the drop down. (Shown below.)

[​IMG]

Now the 'Tomb Raider (2013) will show a blue and white icon next to it, like the rest.
    To get NVIDIA Drivers to recognized the launch of a selected program and use NVIDIA Profiles, you need to manual add the .EXE for that game.

Pictured below, will show you how to add the .EXE to that profile. (Depending on where you installed the game, will show differently to my screenshot.)

Those that have it installed on Steam will have to go into Steam Folder\streamapps\common\YOUR GAME\ Click on .EXE

[​IMG]

If all done correctly, then re click on 'Show only programs found on this computer' in the first pic. \then click on the drop down, and this will show you all games installed on your computer with NVIDIA Profiles enabled.

If some of your games ain't showing, then you need to follow this guide and enable them all, to take advantage of the Profiles.

Hope this will solve everyone's issues! :)

Cheers,

Simon.

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

So all along this was a local driver issue with an nvidia profile setting and not a fault with the game then...

Do you now think your critisism of the game was unwarrented?

16. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Nice work

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Urm no, as the game still needed to have code patched into it.

Also, most people only have a C:\ Drive, so any game .EXE usually get updated with the NVIDIA Profiling.

Where more advance users like ones self, chooses to install games/Programs/Music on a separate HDD/SSD to keep C:\ drive clean and easy for a fresh install of Windows, if needs be. :)

BTW - This is using the Beta drivers, as NVIDIA have stated to use those, till they bring out official WHQL drivers. :)

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I have windows on my C drive and my games on my E drives, have not had a single problem or performance hiccup outside of the tress FX issue.

While there are clearly some optimisation needed and it’s not perfect (no game ever is), it runs really well overall, I am getting good performance on hardware that is fairly modest compared to yours.

I just think your harsh criticism is not that well warranted when the solution to your issue was profile related. It always fussy SLI users that have these kind of problems. It’s a shame you did not perform this action before laying down the smack on TR.

And Nvidia said to use the beta drivers for affected users, not ALL users.

I hope your able to play and enjoy the game now :)

19. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

The problem lies with the 600 series cards/Titans, and more importantly SLI with these cards. Something to do with DP Shader units.

I have spent many hrs reading forums, trying different fixes, to resolve this issue.
    The fact that the game developers only gave a build 2 days prior to release, is not NVIDIA's fault.

It's down to the crap where games are getting optimized around a single company, when if you look at the market, NVIDIA owns 3/4 of that shared market.

I know in the long run, this will bring back the good old times of the GPU war, and hopefully bring prices back down.

My comment about the game is valid, because, if I sorted this fix out before the patch, then it would still be down to the game developers, for not coding it to run on NVIDIA cards in the first instance.

So just because you have had a hassle free experience, when the 500 series cards were not effected by this issues, doesn't mean you can mock my comment on the game.

20. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I'm hardly mocking you, I just think you were a bit OTT in your criticism and you refused to even change any settings that would have allowed you to play the game. It struck me as a bit aloof and pretty unreasonable given the circumstances.

Either way, you have solved the worst of it with your profile change? I’d be interested to hear your opinions on the actual graphics and gamepley elements.

Tags: