1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Tomb Raider: Anniversary review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 7 Jun 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

It sure seems like the best TR game. Legend's combat was kinda lame imo. I missed the hunts and puzzles of the first game...

3. Edvuld

Edvuld Minimodder

I think I'm gonna get Legend and Anniversary. AOD was one of the crappiest games ever made. The controls was just laughable.

4. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

If you haven't played Legend, you're in for a treat. The plot was great and there were plenty of puzzles. Def the #2 TR IMO.

5. vts

vts What's a Dremel?

I finished legend about 2 days ago, and loved it. why isn't this coming out for 360?

since this is a remake of TR1, it seems strange that it has only been released for pc and ps2, when the original TR1, will play on both of those anyway.....

Hope they see sense and put a 360 version on the todo list, i mean, its virtually only a recompile, and some beta testing

6. Edvuld

Edvuld Minimodder

So I've heard. Only problem is getting hold of a PS2 copy. Seems they've stopped making them :/

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Rumour is it'll be hitting the 360 in an episodic format released over XBL

8. csharp

csharp What's a Dremel?

I really loved this game, maybe thats because i have been big tombraider fan in good old psx times :) Those new games (legends, The Angel of Darkness etc.) just wasnt good as old psx games, but anniversary was just.. amazing!

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i remember how much the T-rex made me jump in the first tombraider i hope they implement that the same it was a total shock when i found them

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

haha i still remember the sound the spiders made, damn did those freak me out in some stages. You had to knew exactly what kind of move to do because the gameplay was so awkward, it was almost impossible to improvise

11. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

I never played Tomb Raider, but I still love the visuals in the newest version :clap:

12. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

This game is a lot of fun, takes me back to 1997 all over again. I'd forgotten how annoying those bats were.

13. vts

vts What's a Dremel?

oh lovely, they'll charge about 800 points (£5) a level then, instead of £20 for everything

14. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

I'd pay double the normal price for console games for an original XBox version of this.

I loved Legend and would love even more to see what else can be done with that game engine. Unfortunately, I can't play it on the computer because the controls are optimized for consoles and my computer won't do it justice anyway. I can't play it on PS2 because the controllers are crippling and although my roommate owns one, I don't so I wouldn't always be able to play anyway. Finally, I can't play it on 360 because I'm not going to buy a console just to play TR:A and Forza 2.

15. 12modderz

12modderz L33T еÐ3!

I think the reason it isn't available for the 360 is because the developers wanted it to be only on the 2 formats it was originally on (PS1/2 and the PC), or at least thats what i've heard.

Brilliant game tho, bought it yesterday and love it:clap: kinda makes me wonder why i haven't installed the original yet ( it was on bogoff at gamestation preowned) :confused:

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's coming out episodically for 360.

Tags: Add Tags