1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Hawk's Project 8

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 21 Nov 2006.

1. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Aha! I think I've seen an episode or two of that in the past. Thanks for clearing it up!

2. Orca

Orca New Member

Yikes, a 10? Never would've thought of that... I've only played the demo and liked the nail the trick but that's it... *shrug*

3. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Hmm, the number of 360 games that I would actually buy is rising... but as it's available for the vanilla xbox as well I can't see that much point really in getting a 360 yet. When H3 hits, maybe...

4. rupbert

rupbert New Member

Absolutely incredible level of technical ability, so many tricks you see and go 'now way did he just do that'. The part were he is handstanding and flips the board back under his feet is astonishing!

Or the bit near the start we he 540s (?) into a frontside manual is :jawdrop:

I'm not familiar with the names of these tricks.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2006
  5. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Ah Round 2 was one the all time great videos!

Anyway, I'll deffo be picking this up I'm a huge fan of the THPS series (bar the Underground nonsense).

6. mad4it

mad4it Know it all.

I have completed the game, i wouldnt give it a 10 due to some gameplay issues. 1 of which is really annoying. The skate competition in the school the half pipe seems to have glitches when you get too high. having a 20k score with a 30x multiplier to be destroyed by a random bail cause u hit some kind of artifact that cant be seen is just annoying. Great game tho just some parts seem rushed for no reason at all 9 out of 10

7. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

She was also in THPS1, if we're being picky. And that's the first thought that popped into my head after reading the review. But it's interesting to say that the ninth in the series can still bring something new to the table (other than stupid characters and shopping trolleys - like in THUG). I might have to invest in this, providing it's available for the rubbish "last-gen" consoles.

8. tigermain

tigermain New Member

10/10 You have to be kidding

10/10 You have to be kidding

Why is is all the other reviews complain of glitches in the gameplay, clipping issues, camera jumps and random wipeouts?!?!

I've only played the demo so far on the 360 but even I noticed loads of issues with it. Which is a shame as I was really looking forward to it.

Hopefully they'll be able to patch it through LIVE but some of the other platforms wont be as lucky

9. Whelan_999

Whelan_999 New Member

Hey
    I was just reading this article when I knoticed something wrong. You stated "whilst Lyn-Z Adams marks the first female pro to appear in the series." This isn't true. The first female in the Tony Hawk series was Elisa Steemer (sp) in the first game.
    Cheers,
    -aaron

Tags: Add Tags