1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Top 10 Games Based On Movies

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 5 Aug 2009.

1. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Alan wasn't pulled into the computer - Flynn was.

Last edited: 5 Aug 2009
  2. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

some of the LOTR games should get a mention at least.
    the ones based on the ps2 (the ones named after the films) were half decent rpg/half n slashes.
    The RTS ones based on the pc at first (battle for middle earth) and they were solid games

3. Freeminder

Freeminder What's a Dremel?

You mention that Tron 2.0 is for PC, Mac and the Xbox 360 when it was indeed for the original Xbox, not 360. Sorry to be a bit of a geek but the 360 didn't come out until 2 years after Tron 2.0:)

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Disney pulled a load of great platformers based on their games out. I remember The Jungle Book was an equally decent platformer.

Good list, some excellent games in there. I'd like to add another couple to the list: Robocop vs The Terminator for pure unadulterated violence (and you get to nick Ed-209's gattling guns, sweet!) and Terminator 2: Judgement Day, one of the finest light-gun games on the Amiga.

Which actually reminds me, the finest combat flight sim on the entire Amiga range was a WW2 game called Reach for the Skies, also based on a film. I reckon there are actually a fair few decent games, they're just hidden under a mire of crap.

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I remember having loads of fun with Cobra, Robocop and Batman on the speccy too.

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

One Disney game I always wanted but could never find was Timon and Pumbaa's Jungle Games. A collection of little almost-party games, before Nintendo ever came up with the idea...

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Aww how I loved the Die Harder game. It was damn good.

I have to admit to enjoying Wolverine as well. I haven't seen the film, so don't know if it follows it well, but the combat is pretty damn entertaining and satisfying to watch/play. The game as a whole is pretty bad I would say, but the combat is well worth giving the game a try.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I never saw the appeal of golden eye, whilst my friends were raving about it I was busy playing TDM in Quake 2.

guess which i preffered :)

9. Psy-UK

Psy-UK What's a Dremel?

I wasted so many hours with the Die Hard Trilogy but I loved every moment. :D

10. SubtleOne

SubtleOne What's a Dremel?

Knights of the Old Republic I and II were easily some of the best games based on a movie franchise. The recent Wolverine was a fantastic conversion of the movie it was made from, really capturing the spirit: fast, visceral, fun. Finally, did you guys even consider the online MMO based on the Lord of the Rings???

11. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

AVP has to be my all time favorite Online/LAN FPS. Was the bomb back in the day, and can probably still hold its own today.

12. msm722

msm722 What's a Dremel?

What no terminator game? :eek:

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Goldeneye in my opinion is still one of the best N64 games ever and still one of my all time favorite FPS, simply awesome, as for the rest of the games listed lol I never played but I would say I think Knights of the old Republic or starwars pod racers or whatever it was called but ehh either way decent selection just the same ::)

14. [- pio -]

[- pio -] What's a Dremel?

Yes!

Alright, It's set after the end of the movie, and apart from the main character and universe it has little to do with the movie, but D*MN!!! Love the stunt races, the cool cars and boats, and the soundtrack is just unbelieavable! It actually beats GTA:SA in my opinion, and that's no small feat :) Have to dig this up again!

15. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Cobra on the Speccy was brilliant, shame about the film, the isometric Batman game was stunningly brilliant as well. The original Robocop game was pretty good but it was pushing the 48k too far and it was one of a number of games at the time which required you to load part of the game and then load the next part when you had progressed to the next section - and this was all done with casette tape!

I seem to recall that Terminator Future Shock on the PC was allegedlly the first FPS with drivable vehicles.

I have to agree with playing as the marine in AvP, the jangling of the motion detector was truly one of the best tension producing devices I've ever come across, this was enhanced with AvP2 when Rebellion messed with your head by having items of scenery moving about and setting off the tracker. The game designers did an excellent job of recreating the sets and equipment from the films which help with scene setting, I'm looking forward to the next generation of the game - if it ever gets finished.

How about Ghostbusters? I know its out for the PS3 at the moment but reviews from the US suggest that the 360 version is pretty damn good with the pc version looking good but a little sluggish to control.

16. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

Would that be the Virgin/Sega version of Aladdin, or the Capcom version? For ease of identification, the Virgin/Sega version had him wielding a scimitar.

17. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

What? no knights of the old republic?

18. Nature

Nature Minimodder

The thing was awwwwwful....

Bad joe

19. g-freak

g-freak What's a Dremel?

What does the "Retro" platform refer to for the Aladdin game?
    Wasn't it originally released on the Genesis? The other version were ported from that one according to wikipedia.

Great game though.

20. sydtron

sydtron What's a Dremel?

XvT? Seriously? I cranked through X-Wing and Tie Fighter and then anxiously waited for the day X-wing vs Tie Fighter came out. And you know what, Tie Fighter Special Edition was a much more fun game. Yeah, XvT had multiplayer, but Tie Fighter SE had the story and the sweet space craft without buying the expansion. Now if only they could reinvent that awesomeness today...

Tags: Add Tags