1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Top Five Most Disappointing Games of 2008

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 30 Dec 2008.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i won't say GTA4 for PC is a failure, if you can get pass the technical hiccups, it's an fantastic game. much more responsive and less blur than the console version, even on lowest settings.

2. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

Why is GTA 4 on GOTY 08 & Most Disappointing Games of 2008

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Please read the thread DorkSterr, this has been discussed

4. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Far cry 2...?

I'm sorry, but did anyone really expect anything of Haze?? FC2 was a case of careful editing. Every promo video was cut to hide the underwhelming truth.

S:CS definitely deserves it's mention, not because it was a bad game, but because it took a rough-diamond like S:SC and took it backwards...

5. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Why was one list PC games and one list all games?

Anyway, I think Fable 2 should be mentioned somewhere as being very good :).

Annoying games this year:
    - Red alert 3
    - farcry 2 (just too repetitive, all it needs for fixing is a bit more imagination)

as for the others havent actually played them.. but the bad press surrounding them really did put me off buying them.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

Heh...FO3, Haze, GTA4...is there any game out there that is not ...brown?

Stalker Clear Sky needing the Patches...I got the first Stalker for Christmas...by now the patches should work! ;-)

I,mmm getting pretty bored at Fallout 3 also...mainly due to the huegely unintersting landscape/colours.

oh about Patches...RA3 doesnt work properly either

Last edited: 5 Jan 2009
  7. khxdb9

khxdb9 What's a Dremel?

What about NFS:Undercover?

8. naokaji

naokaji whatever

It's so utterly horrible that it woudn't have been a fair Top 5 failures competition if it would have entered the ring.

9. 1-0-1

1-0-1 Nothing interesting to put here.

The abortion of a game called Red Alert 3 is by far the biggest dissapointment for me this year. Partially because i fell for the hype and bought it and partially because playing the game reminded me how old the games feels and I am actually just playing this to satisfy the intermission movie clips (which are also balls except for the Rising Sun featuring their hulking mecha).

Fallout 3 is stunning but the level capping seriously broke it for me. Espcially after realising I cannot get used to it as originally thought. RPG imho should have a level cap of 99 or something :p hybrid FPS/RPG or not.

10. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Left 4 Dead should be number 1 on that list. It was a HUGE disappointment

11. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Clear Sky After a few patches was great for me, better the most generic console shooters of today, agree with the others, IMO, FC2 should be there.

12. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I agree with GTAIV and Haze... both totally sucked... Didn't play any of the others though, tbh.. Except Spore.. Which I enjoyed.

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Same here, it's a great game but the level cap sucks (the DLC kinda fixes it). My only complaint is that you can't continue after the final mission, that's why I started the last mission and left the liberty prime after it got the the Jefferson.

Best game I've played all year

14. truehighroller

truehighroller What's a Dremel?

I hope some one sees this as I know this article was put out a little while ago now. I would like to see a follow up on this story in regards to GTA IV as R* has been fowling this game up from the get go and the way they have been handling it in my oppinion is just ridiculous.

They came out with Patch 1.0.1 or whatever the first patch, and it was a joke, it broke more stuff then it fixed and seemed like it really didn't fix anything TBH. Now R* came out with patch 1.0.2.0 and this thing broke more stuff and made the game unplayable for alot of people and in most cases just made more irritating issues pop up like graphic pop ins and flickering lights at night exc..

The way they have been handling it has been, ignore and deny all issues and we will act like nothings wrong. I think that your team should install the game and do some test and see what you think and check out this forum "http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showforum=240" where they "R*" have been posting updates. They were supposed to be helping people and asked people to post their issues in a certain part of the forum so they could help people and so far they have been just ignoring people more then anything.

My system setup is as follows by the way,

MB: P5Q Deluxe, BIOS Version 1702
    CPU: Q9450 @ 3.86GHZ 1.29V~
    GPU: 2 X 4870 1GB cards at 800 / 925 by default
    HD Setup: 2 X WD RE3 320GB 16MB Cache Drives in Raid 0
    Memory: 2 X 2GB G-Skill DDR2 1066 @ 1156MHZ~ 2.1V
    PS: Silverstone 750W Decathalon Modular
    All air cooled, and in a Antec 900 Case

Tell me what you think guys and by the way, I have been a fan and viewer of your site for awhile now. I just never have registered with your forum before this, that's all.

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Please don't make me do another re-review - STALKER: Clear Sky was bad enough :(

16. truehighroller

truehighroller What's a Dremel?

:D I didn't catch that one I think. The game is just such a blunder... I can post more details about the issues if you like, they are numerous and some pretty severe. Like the system just shutting down hard for instance.. Everything in my PC is stable, and everything is up to date software wise. I appreciate the reply by the way, thank you.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2009
Tags: Add Tags