1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Top Gear is back June 27th

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 9 Jun 2010.

1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Because its beginning to feel like im watching the same episode of family guy every week, Yes i still find it amusing, but im getting bored.

Whilst i like the dicking about, im still a petrolhead and would like to see more proper car stuff.

I didnt even find the reliant piece funny after the first roll, because i knew exactly what was coming, another 10 mins of the same thing!

2. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

as Jeremy would say, thats sweeeeeeeeeeet.

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

To be honest, despite its name, Top Gear hasn't been a 'proper' car show for years. In their own words, it's a light entertainment show, based around cars.

But having said that, I'd still rather watch Top Gear over Fifth Gear any day, even though Fifth Gear admittedly does the 'proper' car stuff better. At least they did the last time I watched it.

4. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I have to say I'm very surprised as the negative comments about the latest TG episode. I loved it, back to the usual cocking around which was hilarious. Loved the Reliant Robin part, maybe I'm just immature. :p

If most of you are so keen on watching a more serious car show there's always fifth gear!

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Exactly. Why bitch about Top Gear not being serious enough when you have a perfectly serious alternative in Fifth Gear. Just make a damn choice try to ignore your need to tell the whole world what your preference is

6. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

it wont turn back into a serious-ish car show again either as its getting more viewers in the current format as light entertainment.

7. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

and made messrs clarkson, may and hammond along with their producer friends VERY rich in the process ;)

8. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

well untill ant and dec take it over :hehe:

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh god no. thats too hidious a though to even contemplate. the only time i'll enjoy watching ant and dec mess with a car is when its owner comes and clubs the **** out of them.

10. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

So so true.

Thanks!

11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I'm not. I just want an end to the heavily scripted, predictable slap-stick stuff.. like that woeful caravan holiday thing they did... that was painful to watch.

12. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

i still watch it but i won't go out of my way to tho. it is still kinda funny but its all very predictable. i've got board of how stupid they come across sometimes, like when they had a 4x4 challenge in the rain forest and it took them over a day to realize to use the big planks of wood on the same barge, hmm could that of been the way they got them on?

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Called it! :D

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

EDIT: Told you via PM

15. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

"I just happen to have Martin Brundle's number on my phone"... :lol:

Did anyone else get the feeling the Alistair Cambell really didn't want to be there? Very defensive. Mind you, Jezza did call his bezzie mates Cocks. :)

16. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Was anyone else expecting Belgium Stig to lift up her helmet at the end and be revealed as Sabine?

Was slightly disappointed they didn't make anything of it but tbh the entire episode felt rushed and unfinished. Wasn't really up to usual Top Gear standards IMO.

Check out his twitter, he's being very, very defensive. Ranting about how much they edited out, alluding that he thinks Jeremy voted for the BNP and claiming that a lot of his retorts were cut.

Was he really expecting anything different?

17. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

atleast this episode was more aimed at people that actually like cars instead of just people that like watching those three clown around. this series is going in the right direction so far

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It felt VERY rushed, like they had designed the whole episode around the 5 grand cars, then realised people still wanted some actual testing of a real car so cunningly cut the Boxter in.

The whole "he didn't make it to Poland, we didn't have to show it" feels like MASSIVELY stupid editing oversight. The last 10 minutes was just utter ****.

I couldn't even watch any of the Alister Cambell bit. He shouldn't have been there, no one wants to see a dry spin doctor politician on TG.

It's all just SO HEAVY on the script. Trying too hard still.

19. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

It was better than the first episode imo but still a long way from being a classic. I went and made a brew and a snack during the Alister Cambell bit, utter shite. I agree with bindi, it was criminal not showing the economy run.

It showed a glimmer of hope for the rest of the series though which is a good thing. James mays little dance at the end sits alongside crouch's robot imo.

20. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

I think at some point today they're putting the economy run on the TG website - I would go for a link but the filtering at work is a bit borked at the moment.