1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Top Gear reminder and discussion!

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 20 Nov 2005.

1. KelticFox

KelticFox New Member

I used to live 3 doors down from Nigel Mansall, when he lived in Isle of Man about 15 years ago (I was 7)

2. Highland3r

Highland3r New Member

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG *Breathes* OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG...

That machine is awsome.... Never EVER seen anything like it ever... What a stunning piece of art ... 252mph LIMITED... 1000+ BHP... *breathes*
    Simply awsome.. Pitty as they said theres probably never going to be anything like it built ever again :(

3. adam197

adam197 New Member

My first thought was when the **** was Alan Titchmarsh an F1 driver :?

Was a brilliant episode. Now we have to wait until after Christmas :(

4. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Wow! amazing. 5 million PER CAR! that means they lose over 4.2 MILLION for every car sold! damn.

5. dom_

dom_ --->

Just re-sizing some pics from the show, but i think im onto something... will post in a min

6. dom_

dom_ --->

ok so first the words then the pictures.
    nigel mansell was on top gear this week. some people think he is the stig, i think i have proof.

first off during his lap jeremy said: all of the f1 drivers took this corner the other way to the stig, which way do you take it?
    he took it the stigs way.
    he also asked if he is still competitive.
    he said he has to be.
    he also says that the stig said someone could do that track in that car in 1min44seconds.
    he did it in? 1min 44seconds.
    now this isnt exactly comprehensive but... look below.

(click for larger pictures)
    picture1:
    This is nigel with a white helmet with black and red detail and the visor up (the visor is up in every clip except one) the visor is smoked black.
    [​IMG]

picture2:
    here you can see his gloves white with red detail.
    [​IMG]

picture3:
    here you see the stigs helmet with a holographic type visor.
    [​IMG]

pictures 4 and 5:
    here you can see more of the stigs distinctive helmet and the gloves (white with red detail)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

picture6:
    now as he exits the corner we are back to nigels starting helmet with the visor up.
    [​IMG]

more than a hint i think from the bbc as to who the stig really is or are they taking the mick?

edit: also you can see during the stig clip that he is wearing a black top not the normal white racing suit. like the top nigel is wearing! you can see this in picture 5 if you click for the bigger version.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2005
  7. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Mudkips.

Another thing for me was the way he interviewed him, he seemed to know him better than the other guests he’s had on. Aka like work mates. Probably me reading too much into it, I dunno...

Last edited: 12 Dec 2005
  8. fullfat

fullfat New Member

hmmmmmm. i dunno about the stig thing hehe.

but heck, that bugati was out of this world!!
    £5m for each one? unfortunately, as stated above, this was regarded by clarkson as being THE best car ever or ever likely to be put on a road. even clarkson was upset at never being able to own one

9. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

There's definitely something odd going on there with the helmets.

10. fullfat

fullfat New Member

just out of curiosity dom, how did you manage to grab those screens? was it tivo or something?

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

The Stig's first name is Simon - I don't know his second name though; he's a failed F1 driver AFAIK.

12. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

I want that Bugatti!! 0-60 in 2.5 secs!!
    Unfortunately though, if they aren't going to give Jeremy Clarkson insurance there is no way a 21yo male student is gonna get it!!

Anyways, a quick google found out that the original stig was Perry McCarthy and then looking around it seems that Ben Collins is the person most rumoured to be the current stig... http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery...curtab=2222_1&sbid=lc05a&linktext=Ben Collins

Of course no one really knows who he is.. damn the BBC for not telling us!!!

13. dom_

dom_ --->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig has some ideas about it.

and why is the stigs first name simon bigz? as i had someone in irc swear it was ben.
    some people think they know who it is and they all think its different people! :)

oh and fullfat im using mce05

14. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Maybe it's just me but did anyone else find the Bugatti to be rather ugly?

Didn't really like the Bugatti stuff all that much, would rather they showed more of the interior / engine etc rather than it just whizzing past. Also would have liked them to actually test the speed claims (0-60, top speed etc). Still a pretty nice machine though.

15. poot

poot Member

id put money on mansell Not being the stig. the pictures above prove nothing

when i went to drive the top gear track, one of the guys who runs a commercial garage on the airfield there, said that he has sometimes been used as a stig, mainly for teaching the stars in the reasonalbly priced cars bit. he isnt famous, just a good driver

he also impled that there were a few different stigs, depending on what the car is and who is available

16. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

the bugatti is awesome and looks just plain evil , tho to carry it off you'd really need to be wearing the full batsuit

on the stig thing i've always thought his helmet was pure white with no major graphics as such

[​IMG]

17. RepLiKa

RepLiKa New Member

Well ive heard the Stig is either called Perry ????? or ????? Perry. My uncle works with cars and nos this guy and is apprently the Stig!
    Im not sure weather its true or not.

The bugatti is a beast 1000bhp, 4 turbo chargers ! how much power does it want!

18. fullfat

fullfat New Member

the insurance company thought it was a rover! lol
    they didnt have a clue what the thing was, thats why he couldnt get insured i assume.

19. RepLiKa

RepLiKa New Member

20. poot

poot Member

perry mcarthy was the old black stig ages ago. not the new white one
    Its common knowledge as he released an autobiography.

As to the bugatti, i doubt sun alliance would insure it anyway as its so rare and probably not on their database. they deal in mass market cars.
    also sounded like the call centre was in india

Tags: