1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Top Gear - Series 11

Discussion in 'General' started by charlesbeams, 11 Jun 2008.

1. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

the GT-R is growing on me, and those numbers really sped it up, lovely car. I loved the "classic luxury car challenge" The horn race made the episode for me.

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

The GT-R is definitely starting to grow on me too... looks to be an amazing car - I'll have to see what some other critics say though.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

A friend of mine works at the Nissan plant in Sunderland, apparantly it's actually a really tall car, comes up to his shoulder and he's almost six foot tall.

I do like the fact that it breaks Jezza tho, maybe all cars should have that in them?

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I believe he described it as 'Sweeeeeeeeeet'. In the same way as he believes donkeys are 'Sweeeeeeeeeet'. Ha. ;)

I believe that Nissan should now re-write all of it's marketing literature on the GT-R so that is leads with 'The Car the Broke Jezza's Neck!'

Then double production, as everyone will want one. :D

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I was drooling and wanting one before Jezza said it was amazing. Now you won't be able to get one for love or money tbh... Awesome lap-time too, for a £60k car that you can actually use. :D

6. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I missed half of yesterday's episode, and now can't find ANY Top Gear episodes on iPlayer - WTF?

7. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

same here! bar stewards no tv signal here so iplayer or nowt & as you say ALL TG gone, :(

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

poor jezza first a vauxhall VXR put his back out on the track doing power slides, and now the GT-R breaks his neck!

An F1 car can cause your neck muscles to fatigue, and the GT-R cant be that far off F1 cornering speeds, (well its alot closer than other cars)

i didn't enjoy the bit about the hunt, yeah it was funny but i didn't like him driving over blue bells, was bit of a dick thing to do, however the amount of people that will complain to him about that will be funny in the next episode.

9. Krikkit

Well, it does probably 2g at most, F1 gets to 4g in all directions, so not quite as tricky. Although you don't have to wear a neck brace in the GT-R. :D

10. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Why?

11. Krikkit

The bit about the hunt was quite funny, but it is an issue, because a lot of greenlaners charge up and down much-loved footpaths throughout the countryside and simply destroy them. Not really fair is it? There'd be uproar if you walked up and down in the middle of the road, dragging a drum of oil to ruin the roads for everyone. :p

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Maybe that's where Jezza went wrong? :idea:

13. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Is there anywhere you can find the pictures that he shows each time? I have spent quite a long time looking (yes, Google and some forum somewhere) and I couldn't find anything. They must be around somewhere!

14. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

That does my head in, I feel excluded as a viewer, they don't even show it on BBCi Player :wallbash: Also most guests are just trying to promote something, dragons den guys...oo dragons den is on the night after :wallbash:

15. RTT

RTT #parp

Top Gear magazine crashed an R8 into the back of that GT-R... :D

16. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Rather an expensive crash!

17. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I thought that fox hunt thing was brilliant, what a cool little car that is? I really thought he would be shafted (also thought they'd use hammonds custome defender for it) but it just kept going, for a bog standard, no low range 4x4 it worked pretty well!!

RTT - what edition of the mag was that in? I subscribe to it and haven't heard about that!

18. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Daihatsu Terios. I'm also surprised at how far it made it, especially in that mud with those tires and if it's true, sub 100 hp.

19. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

The fox hunt was shot on private land so they can do what they want with it. If they had been tearing up and down the dales in a 4x4 or, even worse, motorbikes I would have taken issue with it.

Regardless, it wasn't one of their better challenges.

Those two dragon people came across as utter tossers though, especially the lanky one.

20. RTT

RTT #parp

Dunno mate, I saw it on reddit I think - their search is rubbish and i can't re-locate it :/

Tags: