1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Top loading CD

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Twunka, 12 Feb 2004.

1. star_treking

star_treking What's a Dremel?

How would this be done for a desktop cdrom drive far as getting a spindle that holds the disk in the drive. I have an idea for the tray that gets it out of the way.

2. Xiliqueirn

Xiliqueirn What's a Dremel?

Top loading Cd-Rom only makes me wonder what you are trying to accomplish in the big picture...If it fits in the main idea you could just invert a slot-loader, I would think. Good look, and happy modding!

3. 486hawk

486hawk What's a Dremel?

scifikg & Clockworks999:
    The eject switch may be needed so that windows does not **** itself when a disk is removed. As for the disk still spinning when it is removed there is a little cloth block on the outside that rubs against the edge of the disk when the tray is sliding out efectly stopping the disk. The eject switch has nothing to do with cutting the power to the spindle, that switch that is circled a few posts ago detects when the drive is closed and this is what cuts power to the spindle.

This is what the top load is for. I may not have enough space to angle the drive enough to peak out the case. The drive looks like I should be able to top load it so why not.
    [​IMG]

the top part of a desktop drive is magnetic and will stick with the cd sandwiched in-between with the spindle.....