1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Top Spin 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 Jul 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/07/01/top-spin-3/1

It's summer and that only means one thing - out with the strawberries and lemonade, turn off the latest results from Wimbledon and sit back, with your feet up to play the latest game in the Top Spin series. Can this third iteration take us to the next level, or will it do a Henman on us?

:naughty:

2. Passarinhuu

Passarinhuu I huffs cats

No unlockable naked tennis modes?!?!!??!

BORINGGG!

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

used to play virtua tennis in arcade... how i miss arcade...

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Pfft. Tennis?!?!

BOORRINNG!

5. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

Common Murray

6. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

I think those graphics look like something my dog coughed up yesterday. But perhaps I'm just saying that because tennis is one of the few sports in real life that I like.

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Having got the original Top Spin on the Xbox I'm quite tempted by this, although certainly for the Wii instead of the 360- I've been waiting for a proper tennis title to come along and replace the Wii Sports iteration, just like Tiger Woods does to the golf.

8. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

The graphics are actually OK - not stunning and as I said, the bodies seem out of proportion to the heads, but then when you're playing, all that becomes a moot point. You're not concentrating on the graphics, you're concentrating on the game.

It can't really be compared to Virtua Tennis, because VT is a tennis game, Top Spin is more of a simulator. This is evident by the fact that the fist pumps & celebration button presses from the first two games is gone (which used to annoy me anyway). It's not quite as easy to pick up and go as the first two games (and I've played all three now), but once you get the basics, it does actually make more sense as a control method.

I'd like to see how the Wii version fares, and how it manages movement around the court as well as the movement of the tennis racquet.

Still, if you like tennis, and you want something a little more challenging than Virtua Tennis, then give TopSpin a go.

9. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

What's a Common Murray?

10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

It's like a Posh Murray, only without the Posh...

Tags: Add Tags