1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Toshiba 37WLT66 TV "stain" fault

Discussion in 'Modding' started by cpemma, 6 Jul 2008.

1. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

With some background colours we're now getting a large darker "stained" area, as shown here to the LHS;

[​IMG]

It looks like sticking pixels but there must be hundreds involved. Against a white (and most lighter colour) backgrounds nothing shows.

The set is out of guarantee, but any TV engineers out there with any idea of what's causing this and if it's fixable? :confused:

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

It looks like someone applied pressure to the screen in shipping. I had to send a monitor back because the cord bundle was permanently mushed into the screen. As far as I know, there's no fix for it.

3. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Running video static on the screen may help.

If you ever get an image "burned in" you can usually work it out by putting on a channel broadcasting static/white noise/snow, whatever you choose to call it, for an hour or so.

For some reason snow helps, I refer to it as the etch-a-stetch effect - snow shakes out the burn (sometimes)

On that note, what you have there looks like someone put pressure on the screen (did you throw a wiimote at at?), I don't think there is a fix for pressure damage.