1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Toshiba MG03-ACA-300 3.5" 3TB Enterprise 6.0 GB/s SATA 3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trueno!, 25 Apr 2015.

1. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Thinking of getting 2 of these for my rig but unsure whether they are the real deal ( or just too good to be true ) for this asking price of £54.99 or make an offer each, so would like your guys / gals take on this please?..

With a few minutes of google research it look like they retail around £200 brand new and this is what is confusing to me to why this seller has this model up for this price even if it is used!.. I've asked about this question already on the bargain thread but getting no reply so this is also a bump to that, LOL!.. :p

Would really appreciate some insight this please!?.

Thanks...

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

These are salvage pulls, so no manufacturer warranty, but there should be nothing wrong with using them in a home system.

They may be a touch noisy compared to what you may be used to, but Toshiba make a great drive generally speaking (having inherited Fujtisu and HGST's lines). Good deal.

Last edited: 25 Apr 2015
  3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Yeah, noise would worry me a little for a home system, but I'd agree that they seem like a good deal.
    (With the obvious proviso that everything you can't afford to lose should be backed up :) ) An enterprise spec drive like that could well go on forever.
    Plus you have 30 days plus ebay/paypal protection if they're not as described or the seller is bad.

4. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Much appreciated with the quick responses, cheers!.. :thumb:

Yup, already realised these will only come with the 30 day warranty that the eBay seller it providing, and noise isn't all that much an issue as these will only be mostly storage drives ( transferred over from my older, smaller drives ) and the occasional custom rom and odd file downloading to one of the drives...

Also, with these drives replacing the many ones I have now in my system, hopefully this will reduce the power consumption and even the noise loudness in the case with having less drives to power, right?..

The only issue really is how long they've been constantly on when running and what their usage pattern was when in use...

So, with that in mind so you think these drives would be a good purchase and and just as good choice ( because of their enterprise nature ) compared to buying new consumer type HDDs that we normally buy and use?..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk