News ToughBooks get Gobi

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If I could afford it, I so would.

I can't, so instead, I shall dribble.

3. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

very nice.

throw a GPU in there on the tablet and I might just have to get one when I'm due for a hardware replacement of the laptop. :p

4. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Why? Expense aside, toughbooks are ugly as sin, heavy and bulky because of all the armour, and not particularly quick. So why bother unless you're an oil rig engineer or are running Antarctic scienctific experiments, or you're an infantryman needing front line intelligence updates, and actually need the ruggedised finish?

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Hm... spam?

On topic:

I have to agree with mclean here. There is absolutely no need to get one just to use it as a normal notebook.

6. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

It's the same reasoning behind buying an off-road capable vehicle that you drive back and forth on the highway everyday. People buy crap that they don't need just to say 'Look at me!'. I personally drive an SUV because it's versatile and I can carry crap when I need to, but my Grand Cherokee Laredo is not four-wheel drive. On the rare occassion we get any snow accumulation around here, I can still drive it just as fine without needing 4WD. I don't have a tow hitch either because I didn't expect to be hauling any sort of trailer. That being said, I know plenty of people with 4WD SUVs with beefy tow packages that have never hauled anything more than a large load of groceries.

7. DOA Draven

DOA Draven What's a Dremel?

Fond memories..remeber buying a thousand units, CF71s, and having the privilage [or fun] to drop test one to destruction. Why did I ever loose that job? A serious piece of kit, designed for the serious enviroment, and we are not talking about the odd coffee drip and biscuit crumbs on the office desk :)

Tags: Add Tags