1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One Toying with the idea of the Logitech G920 ...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheMadDutchDude, 12 Feb 2016.

1. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Hey guys,

I'm toying with the idea of getting a Logitech G920 for some racing games. I know it is going to run me about £300 - £350, but I used to have a wheel when I was younger and I absolutely loved playing racing games with it.

Basically, do any of you have one and is it as good as I have read?

I've got my mind set on one, but I wanted to see if anyone had some feedback before I purchased this weekend or next week. :)

Thank you!

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I've a G29 I use with my PC (and will use with PS4 when GT7 finally lands). I'm very pleased with it. For the money, I think it's excellent - the only gripe I really have is the H-shifter - it's not always possible to tell which gear you've slotted it into. Other than that, I rate it :thumb:

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Thank you, Sir! I've just put it on the credit card... the temptation to get it here for tomorrow, for my birthday, was too hard to resist. :D

I got it with the H shifter too, you just cannot not do it!

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

You'll not be disappointed. It's booming.

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

*makes that sound of inhaling through gritted teeth*

Both the G29 & G920 were £160, almost half-price, just one month ago during the January sales. I didn't end up buying it, but I did a bit of research, and at the price range you're currently paying you'll find better quality wheels in the thrustmaster T500rs or 458 Italia (as I recall the high-end TM wheels use a more natural feeling belt drive, whereas the logitech use very noisy gears)

6. RDex73

RDex73 What's a Dremel?

I've got the Thrustmaster TX wheel, I use it on the xbone and the PC, it really does transform the racing experience

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Going to bump this thread a little.

I am looking at the G29 which i believe is basically the same wheel as the G920 but for the PC / PS4. I can grab this from Currys for £162 without the H shifter.

Do you guys still rate this wheel. I have a few games for PS4 already i.e Dirt Rally and Driveclub and for the PC i have F1 2015 but would buy more for both if the wheel was good.

Thanks