1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Tranc3's random builds log

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tranc3, 27 Aug 2007.

1. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

LET ME EXPLAIN MY SELF!

Okay so i posted a thread with some pix of a computer i got for free.. i was planing to just get some ram + a gpu but i decided that it'd be a nice case to do hidden sun in since i could do my own custom widow in it like the original hidden sun. also on the front im planing to do something with sun rays or something similar. i feel this will turn out much better then if i used the apevia case. well since i know how boring an update with out an photo in it is heres some of the case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And also here is the spec list (another reason why i didn't use the apevia is i only have 400 to spend on a computer.)
    Optical Drive: LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gbs
    MOBO: BIOSTAR TForce micro ATX
    GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon X1650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2
    PSU: Rosewill Stallion Series 400W Power Supply
    CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Brisbane 2.3GHz
    CPU Cooler: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
    RAM: Kingston 512MB ((X2))

It'll be better then what im currently using and i can finally use my 19" lcd monitor i got for xmass

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

uhmm... you gotta be kidding?

3. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

No. He's not kidding.
    I can give him a quick knock upside the head if you want.

4. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

im not kidding but seriusly this case is much more modible then the other one. atleast for yellow. b/c the only thing i can make work with the apevia is blue parts :( but im still doing the apevia REALLLYYY nice later on.

5. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I have a lot of reasons for using this one over the apevia. like i wanted m atx from the start. and also it's going to kinda be used as a lan rig also. and this case is much more moddable, the apevia is more of a buy and put your stuff in it kinda case. considering this is my first real mod, i also just feel more allot better abount working on a free case over a 80 dolor one.

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

[​IMG]
    This is horribly drawn but it gives you an idea of what im doing on the front. except the "sun rays" will be mesh instead of the back ground. it';ll also be rounded at the top and it'll all open up and have this with out the aluminum 3.5 cover on it. behind it.
    [​IMG]

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

That design doesn't flow well with the existing case design. In fact, it clashes completely. Your best bet would be to create an arc similar to the one above the power switch or a circle around the power assembly and create a radiating partern that blends into the side curves.

8. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

hm, your right :( i'm still playing with it idk exactly what i want to do with it i know i want something similar.

9. sethnmalice

sethnmalice What's a Dremel?

This is like the third of fourth case attempt....pls just pick one and mod it....modding us about creating something from an existing stock case, you seem to be looking for something u cant find and i think your looking not where you should be looking....cases dont bring modding to life, you bring them to life....you had some awesome ideas, just need to impliment them to 1 case. It dosnt need to be the be all end all of modding with all the bells and whistles...just a starting point that leads to better things, bigger ideas and even more creativity...

Hope something comes of your great ideas soon and on one case :)

10. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

For now im not modding a case im just gonna put a window in the one i have. mabey work on it later. i just need to get a decent computer up first then i'll work on a case. and in return it'll give more time to think of ideas. i guess i just got over whelmed with it and wanted to do so much and just couldn't.

11. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Time To Live Customs

Hey dude we all start somewhere....... Rome was built in a day as they say. Just take your time and make sure each step is done to the best of your abilities.

Modding doesnt need to cost £££ can be done cheap if done well!

12. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

yea. i know i just need to practice some more witch is basically what i'll be doing with this case. and then once i get a lil more familiar with working with the case and modding. i know the hardware and every thing just not to great on the actual mods

13. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Time To Live Customs

Get some help then dude, we all have to learn........

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Just change the log to tranc3's random builds log. No one said a log had to be one project.;)

15. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

haha. thats very true.
    I don't necessarily be thought but just need to experience it more. me and my dad are painting the chassis soon it'll be flat black. tomorrow i might get the window cut.

Last edited: 16 Mar 2008
  16. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Nice to see you renamed it.
    Now make an index of each random build on the first post, lol

Tags: