1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Transcend ESD200 external USB 3.0 SSD Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 2 Nov 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil New Member

:thumb:

3. Meanmotion

No, I wrote and meant SSD.

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil New Member

But that doesn't make sense-at the start of the article you compare the external SSD to an internal 2.5" HDD, and say that the SSD is smaller, and much faster ( obviously ), but at the end you compare the external SSD to an internal 2.5" SSD and say the former is smaller- surely internal SSDs are much smaller than 2.5"?

*does quick check*

Yep, internal SSDs don't have the usb3 interface, and so are smaller still even with their case than this external SSD. I'm sure you meant HDD, you just don't realize it...

5. Meanmotion

Eh? Throughout I'm comparing this external SSD to an internal 2.5in SSD, as shown in the 2nd picture. You can get USB 3.0 interfaces that just plug into the SATA interface of the latter for an instant external drive. This Transcend drive provides similar performance but in a smaller, better protected package. Obviously you can also get even smaller internal SSD but they tend not to have any sort of case so you'd never use them as external storage.

6. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil New Member

Well bugger me backwards with a broom-handle & call me Shirly; I thought that was a 2.5" HDD in the 2nd picture, even though I did read the whole article I must have missed it being an SSD...

Ignore me, I'm being stupid today.

Tags: Add Tags